Plastic Surgery

do you really think I care if you get/have fake *** implants smh

I have nothing against it, but it does show (not in all cases) that you have low confidence and self-esteem, especially when it comes to your appearance. Just be you, you're perfect the way you are. Everyone has flaws, and plastic implants won't cover up the deep ones; people just need to accept that perfection lies at the core.

Your wrong, I searched to see if there was any and nothing came up, just mine and few other threads which were completely unrelated to this topic. Probs getting confused with all the make up threads, personal image threads (e.g "do you think you're pretty").

he's not wrong i made one a super long time ago x

as for my opinion, i LOVE and SUPPORT plastic surgery ❤️

- - - Post Merge - - -

do you really think I care if you get/have fake *** implants smh

I have nothing against it, but it does show (not in all cases) that you have low confidence and self-esteem, especially when it comes to your appearance. Just be you, you're perfect the way you are. Everyone has flaws, and plastic implants won't cover up the deep ones; people just need to accept that perfection lies at the core.

ahaha wait -- it shows you have low confidence or self-esteem? but after getting what you don't like corrected... does that not improve how you feel about your appearance? like idk man obviously it shows someone wasn't happy with a part of their body but that's the literal point (that is to say if this wasn't a case in which it was a necessary surgery) of why they get it. I don't think anyone cares if other people think they had low self-esteem lmfao

i'm all for it because i eventually wanna get it someday. i dont see any issue with it.

people can do what they want. it's not something i'm against and i would support a person if they wanted something done in order to make themselves happy. as for me, i wouldn't get anything done but if i was unhappy i would get something like my nose done and nothing else.
since it's expensive, and people want to find other ways, i recommend not going to a dodgy market in order to fulfil your wishes.

I might not do it myself, but I personally believe that what someone else does with their body should be up to them.

i dont think theres anything wrong with getting surgery for cosmetic purposes. there is however a problem with beauty standards and what's seen or portrayed as beautiful in society and media. it's not All That Great that people start hating themselves because what theyre told is beautiful is very far from what they look like.

Don't care. I wouldn't do it myself because I think it doesn't age with you and it looks worse as time goes on, but it's not my body so I don't care.

I want a nose and boob job. Lol.
I have no problem with it whatsoever. If someone wants to modify a part of their body that they don't like and will improve their self-esteem by doing so, go for it. I don't care what others do to their bodies, and I don't think plastic surgery should have such a negative stigma.

I am for plastic surgery as long as you're doing it for the right reasons, and not for someone elses approval yknow? I am actually considering getting some serious plastic surgery. I went for the consult, and left in tears because of the extent for what I need done to get the effect I am looking for. I never ever had weight issues but since having kids my body has been ruined..its like the beachs of Normandy AFTER the war.
I had a body a nice one before having kids. one I worked on...all...the...time....and since having them besides the fact your hormones change, my time, and focus has as well...plus post partum depression 2x doesn't help.
anyways, yea so I got the consult and am awaiting to figure out if this is something I am really gonna do. What I would be getting is called a "MOMMY MAKEOVER" and consists of (but isn't limited to): A tummy tuck, lipo in the stomach, thighs (saddle bags), Brazilian butt lift, and breast augmentation or lift. It will cost a pretty penny especially with the doctor I will be seeing, but I have applied and been approved for a "care credit card"...and to be honest I am scared but also very anxious because I want it done...I want it done for MYSELF. NO ONE ELSE. my husband adores me...I don't need to change for him...but IM MISERABLE with how I look...to the point I dread getting dressed. I cry whenever I have to try clothes on, I use to LOVE LOVE LOVE to shop, and now I HATE IT.

Im also awaiting MAJOR reconstructive dental surgery (I'm getting dental implants on the side teeth of my mouth. top and bottom of both sides..and I AM PETRIFIED. I am starting THAT this summer..so when that is all done I will be prolly start my make over journey...I just am so torn....I dunno....im 50/50 at this point and have written the pros and cons list HUNDREDS of times...I just know..

HAS ANYONE ON HERE GOTTEN PLASTIC SURGERY? if so what kind and why?

tbh I feel like it's no different than dying your hair, whitening your teeth, getting braces, tanning, losing weight, and things of the sort. the only difference really is the price tag, and it's more permanent, and theres more risk involved (infection).

if you do something to alter your appearance to feel better about yourself, it's the same thing as plastic surgery imo. it's your body, do as you wish.

tbh I feel like it's no different than dying your hair, whitening your teeth, getting braces, tanning, losing weight, and things of the sort. the only difference really is the price tag, and it's more permanent, and theres more risk involved (infection).

It's a bit off topic, but here, braces are free if you need them. For example, if you have an overbite, chipped teeth, unaligned teeth, wonky teeth, you have a tooth growing over another or your teeth cause you problems eating. But if you want braces over 16 or you're under 16 and don't need them, you need to pay (and if you want clear braces/Invisalign, it costs money).

I agree with everything you said completely!

I've seen these posts a lot too but I forget if I've posted in them. I agree with gyro's post above that "society's ridiculous standards" is the bigger problem than plastic surgery. It's your body and you have a right to do whatever you want with it, however, the society we live in doesn't exactly promote healthy body positivity. I grew up in a culture where parents literally encourage double eyelid surgery as a high school graduation present. I know a friend in the entertainment industry that was pressured into getting a nose job otherwise they wouldn't sign them onto their label. It's hard not to think about plastic surgery when every single ad in the subway is about body enhancement (complete with before and after pictures to make you feel extra guilty). We're told that if we don't look a certain way, we're not going to be successful. I've been told by my own mom and her friends that I'm "pretty" but I'd be prettier and would have more career prospects (wtf right) if I had work done. It sounds messed up coming from your own mother, but she's been so influenced by negative nitpicky things about personal appearance that she honestly thinks that's what's best for me. I do believe in the statement that you should do whatever makes you happy and feel confident, even if that means changing your entire appearance, but it's truly messed up if the reason you can't feel confident is because people are being put down. And like amanda1983 mentioned, surgeons definitely profit off insecurities.

Regardless, people should always respect others decisions to get work done (or in my case, respect my decision that I don't haha). I got the "flat chested" thing a lot too, but as soon as I gained some weight (and gained a cup size), I was told to lose weight. Like, you seriously can't win lol. If you're happy with yourself, that's all that matters.

Last edited:
it's fine as long as it doesn't end up doing the opposite of what it's supposed to accomplish and too much of absolutely anything is never good, people can actually get addicted to that ****..
both my mother and my sister are obsessed with plastic surgery, what's sad is that WHEN the damn thing did them a favor and they turned out looking fine they decided not to stop and went further and now their faces are bloated especially my older sister and it just looks too obvious, I hate that kind of insecurity and they're so stubborn they never learn and keep on doing it every year, every summer vacation to be specific.

-- snip --

Ahhhh I am so sorry that has happened to you. I hope you can continue standing your ground on this and anything else that matters to you - and I agree with everything you said.

My ex is malaysian ethnicly with some chinese in the mix. SO many of his family and their friends (plus random people I came across) in Malaysia talked to me about the eyelid surgery and questioned me about why I wasn't bothered that _____ hadn't had their's "fixed" ... I was shocked, and extremely uncomfortable by the implications. I was literally being asked to reinforce prejudice and undermine someone's self esteem based on the belief that I *must* notice and dislike seeing someone with eyelids different to mine. What's worse is that I know there ARE people who do exactly that.

I was sickened to learn how much pressure is applied to *children* to have a procedure like this. I'd been told about it, but never been confronted with the reality of nonstop comments and (well intended) pressure until then. I just ... I'm honestly just sad that this still happens. I'm appalled that our global society promotes such a skewed perception of "beauty" and What People Should Look Like.

I used to be able to laugh about things like that when it came up in a light-hearted context. Seeing a 12 year old I just met blinking back tears and trying to avoid eye contact with me - whilst looking intently at my eyes when they thought I couldn't see them looking - because their mum just asked me how much better I think the child would look with "good" eyelids.. ya, that killed my ability across the board to ignore how much this stuff matters. I answered as well as I could, blinking back tears of my own, but that mum was determined her child needed the surgery to be accepted in the world. In hindsight, there was nothing I could have said to have changed her mind. I wish I could have done more for that child, and everyone else I met in that position.

@Amanda Ahh that's terrible :( It's quite normal now in Asia to be completely open about plastic surgery, kind of like a right of passage. I feel in the US/hollywood it's still kind of taboo or some big gossip that celebrities get nose jobs or boob jobs, but in Korea it's a completely normal thing to talk about. People just don't see that what they're saying can be malicious (like "when are you going to get the surgery? everyone else has already!") I can't believe someone would suggest a 12 year old kid would need it. They haven't even grown into their face yet! u_u Such a terrible thing to say.

I don't really see a problem with It, that's up to the person getting It, not others. I personally would never get anything done, but If It makes someone happy and makes their life better I'm all for that! I only disagree with It If what they're going through with could damage their health. :)

As long as you don't overdo it and make yourself completely ****ing plastic, then go ahead, I won't judge. I personally think if it's done in a moderate amount then it's good because it helps get rid of insecurities that people have.

Back