• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Should Marijuana be Legalized?

Should it be legalized?

• Total voters
i just did some reading up on that, and from what i read, it's not been determined whether or not marijuana causes mental illness, but it can make it worse. it is very unfortunate for your family member, and i definitely wish them the best. :(
i think if you have any type of mental illness -- or even family history of mental illness you should be very wary of drugs, even marijuana.
there have however, been many, many cases where using marijuana has been beneficial to people who suffer from physical illnesses, like cancer, epilepsy, glaucoma, etc.

Yeah...Luckily we have people researching it every day, so, who knows when but eventually there will be a more comprehensive benefit/risk list. I mean, so far from what I know I believe that the benefits heavily outweigh the risks but I still think knowing is half the battle exactly what you're putting in your body is important.

I have no dog in this fight. I would not be upset if weed was legalized nationwide in the USA, nor would I be upset if I never live to see the day

I actually think all drugs should be legalized. I think it would cut down on people who start using them to be edgy and would also allow people who realize they have a problem to get help. And if someone is using the drug responsibly then who are we to tell then what they do to their bodies? Also I think it would cut down on back alley/black market sales of the stuff which is also a plus.

Just my two cents.

I actually think all drugs should be legalized. I think it would cut down on people who start using them to be edgy and would also allow people who realize they have a problem to get help. And if someone is using the drug responsibly then who are we to tell then what they do to their bodies? Also I think it would cut down on back alley/black market sales of the stuff which is also a plus.

Just my two cents.

Sorry, but you cannot use drugs like heroine or cocaine "responsibly"... I would vote against all drugs being legalised :(

Yeah, that's basically my thought on the matter. I mean, shoot, it's fine if you want to have a little bit, to have a good time or whatever but when you're downing it all day and night that's when it goes wrong. I've seen what alcohol abuse can do to a person. Like I said, my dad's "girlfriend"(Who I don't like anyways) is a major alcoholic. She hides it and then when she drives us around on the occasions that she does, she almost gets us killed. She becomes this even worse person, it takes away your trust of a person even.

my dad is an alcoholic. has been since i was a baby and it progressively got worse and worse, until he quit drinking almost a year ago.
growing up around it was tough for me, and it eventually caused my parents to get divorced. and he would sometimes become really aggressive and violent, which sucked. i think the worst part about it was that he would take (prescribed) medication with it; sometimes really strong stuff, like xanax, and that would just mess him up even more. it was really horrible because you can literally die from that. he's doing much better nowadays, thankfully, but that is part of the reaosn i'm not very fond of alcohol.

i do, however, think if you're drinking responsibly and you know your limits, it can be perfectly fine. it kinda just messes me up when i see people ruining their lives with alcohol addiction. or any kinda of substance addiction really.

Nah fam. I think it should be legal. It's not like it's killed anybody, it's actually good for you. Not that I've ever personally smoked it, but I've heard good things regarding it lowering stress levels and even curing cancer/shrinking tumours in both humans rats (obviously you're not gonna light your pet rat a blunt, but I believe there's cannabis oil or something that I've seen first-hand actually works).

Last edited:
Yeah , but only for medicinal uses

*unless marijuana can be used on those cases , then nvm*

Just my two cents.

i actually agree with you, to an extent. i believe drugs like heroin and meth and the like should be decriminalised, so that people aren't spending years of their lives in prison for a disease. and that's exactly what addiction is-- it's a disease. i think a lot of people that are addicted to drugs know that they're harming themselves, but they don't know how to help themselves. maybe if we actually tried to HELP these people, instead of sending them to prison where it'll only get worse, these drugs wouldn't be so highly used.
i do believe that dealers should face consequences for their actions, though. selling extremely harmful drugs to someone is wrong.

Just my two cents.

Yeah I totally agree with you on everything. All drugs should be legalized like in Portugal.

Sorry, but you cannot use drugs like heroine or cocaine "responsibly"... I would vote against all drugs being legalised :(

Yeah you can. A lot of people use cocaine recreationally without necessarily being addicts. It is hard to do due to the addictive nature, but it's possible.

Just my two cents.

Not sure if you're genuinely serious or not, but drugs like coke, meth and heroine are never used 'responsibly". If you legalised all drugs, you would see the opposite effect and we would instead be killing ourselves and our children.

Drug addictions start with saying you'll 'use it responsibly'. Same with alcohol and smoking. I saw a woman who also said she'd use it 'responsibly', she ended up doing drugs hardcore, like really strong meth or something, and she lost all of her limbs because she got really ill.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah you can. A lot of people use cocaine recreationally without necessarily being addicts. It is hard to do due to the addictive nature, but it's possible.

You contradicted yourself there. Cocaine isn't a drug to be thought of lightly.

- - - Post Merge - - -

dont they show u kids those gross PSAs in america or

Addicts shouldn't be punished but I really don't think the solution to this is legalizing all drugs. Dealers and sellers need to be cracked down on though.

Not sure if you're genuinely serious or not, but drugs like coke, meth and heroine are never used 'responsibly". If you legalised all drugs, you would see the opposite effect and we would instead be killing ourselves and our children.

Drug addictions start with saying you'll 'use it responsibly'. Same with alcohol and smoking. I saw a woman who also said she'd use it 'responsibly', she ended up doing drugs hardcore, like really strong meth or something, and she lost all of her limbs because she got really ill.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You contradicted yourself there. Cocaine isn't a drug to be thought of lightly.

- - - Post Merge - - -

dont they show u kids those gross PSAs in america or

You just said if we legalized all of them then we'd be killing our selves and our children. That didn't happen in Portugal.

Weed is already legal where I live lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

And to whoever says you can use hard drugs "responsibly" sorry but you're wrong

Yes. It is less harmful than alcohol and cigs and yet those are legal.

Tell that to all the folks who are still suffering addiction and living on the streets because they thought they might try it once, just once, but got addicted instead. Drugs that have highly addictive properties and cause extreme damage to the brain and body should remain illegal. But someone who wants help recovering should be given the resources necessary to do so without being condemned.

It's like saying, it's possible to speed down neighbourhood streets at high speed without killing any children/people, so it should be legal. When the risks are that high, just because it's possible to emerge unscathed does not mean it should be normalised.

Last edited:
You just said if we legalized all of them then we'd be killing our selves and our children. That didn't happen in Portugal.

The drugs were and are still illegal, the possession of small amounts was treated as a public health issue. Drug smugglers are still arrested, you're claiming that it should be legal to mass produce, sell and own lethal drugs without consequence.

There's been multiple cases where the excessive use of cocaine has caused the cartilage, the flesh around the nose and the bottom of the nose (the roof of the mouth) to decay. Is that something you want to legalise?

At least with weed, it's not hurting anyone.

I personally don't care what people do with their bodies. I think that they should not be sent to jail for having illegal drugs. Its a waste of space and time when police could focus on actual crimes.

Back