Eggs
Old Eggs
Ruby
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Leif
Should marijuana be legalized? Yes, no? Why?

Please refrain from posting dumb posts like "in b4 lock", " I smell an argument " and so on. There will be no arguments unless people start to be childish and disrespectful, so please don't.

The third option was meant to be " I don't mind either way"

Last edited:
I believe so. it does more good than harm...At least, after a certain age. I think that it should have a type of ruling like Alcohol(which is a lot worse than Marijuana) where you'd have to be a certain age(I believe that it's 26 when Marijuana is safer, due to full development of the brain), but I don't see a problem with it. It has lots of medicinal and practical uses, if it was taxed it'd help the economy, etc. It's not like other drugs that just do harm. So yeah, there's no reason why it shouldn't be legal, I'm all for it. Of course, there's going to be kids using it when they shouldn't. Just like Alcohol or Cigarettes or other kinds of drugs, but I think that overall the benefits outweigh the doubts. I mean, it's helped veterans with their PTSD, it helps people in pain, it's just not a bad thing.

Last edited:
If tobacco and alcohol are completely legal, I don't see why marijuana shouldn't be legalized. It does no harm.

I say yes because it has a ton of medical uses, and I personally, don't see why it's illegal in the first place?? tobacco and alcohol have WAY worse side effects and long term effects but those are completely legal!
also, if it is legalised in all 50 states, each state will have a lot more income that can be used for other things, like education, fixing roads, etc! I mean, just look at colorado! they've made millions of dollars just in marijuana tax!
also, I believe that it would be a lot safer for people who DO use marijuana. if you buy from a dispensary there is a much less likely chance of it being laced with anything, as well as it just being a quality product tbh.
so yeah, I definitely think it should be legalised.

Yeah then potheads will shut up about it.

Nah in all seriousness it should. So many people have been unfairly imprisoned for it, and some have gotten worse sentences than killers and rapists. It's disgusting.

I've never really developed a concrete opinion on this actually.. I think that if alcohol is a legal drug, that marijuana should be legal too. If it is legalised, it should be regulated by the government and have laws placed that would protect the person smoking and others, such as no smoking up in public places, age restrictions, etc. But to be honest, I don't really have a dog in this fight, and I'm completely okay having it both ways. I don't exactly know enough details to make an informed decision, and since I'm close to neutral on the subject, I don't really care to take a stance. But I personally don't see anything wrong with legalising it because it's pretty much on par with alcohol, except people have done stupider and more dangerous things while drunk than while high on marijuana. Anyway, my opinion here is quite open-ended and if someone had a good argument for either case, I'd gladly listen.

- - - Post Merge - - -

PS: Isn't it already legal for medicinal purposes as long as there is a prescription? It's only illegal for recreational use right? Not sure about marijuana laws to be honest.

My immediate response would be no, as I have personally seen through my relatives how it can harm someone. But I am open to listening to other people's views.

i don't see how tobacco and alcohol is legal when marijuana isn't. i'd say it should be legal, it has consequences but everything has consequences. i think people are unfairly charged for it and it shouldn't be something that's focused on.

Last edited:
My immediate response would be no, as I have personally seen through my relatives how it can harm someone. But I am open to listening to other people's views.

can you go into any further detail? i'm interested in hearing what makes you say no o:

- - - Post Merge - - -

PS: Isn't it already legal for medicinal purposes as long as there is a prescription? It's only illegal for recreational use right? Not sure about marijuana laws to be honest.

i believe it is legal in some states in the US, but in many it is not. i'm not sure about anywhere else in the world tho

can you go into any further detail? i'm interested in hearing what makes you say no o:

I have a certain family member that developed schizophrenia and its believed that it was because marijuana. I've always leaned towards the possibility that weed does cause mental illness, etc. so that would make sense to me. But at the end of the day I am and always will be very anti-drug. Although personal experience has concluded my judgement pretty much, I'm open to hearing why it's believed to be beneficial.

Yeah then potheads will shut up about it.

Nah in all seriousness it should. So many people have been unfairly imprisoned for it, and some have gotten worse sentences than killers and rapists. It's disgusting.

It's being legalized in Canada on Canada day in 2018

I have a certain family member that developed schizophrenia and its believed that it was because marijuana. I've always leaned towards the possibility that weed does cause mental illness, etc. so that would make sense to me. But at the end of the day I am and always will be very anti-drug. Although personal experience has concluded my judgement pretty much, I'm open to hearing why it's believed to be beneficial.

I mean...With limitations there's nothing wrong with it. It has many known medicinal properties, helping people with pain, or vets who have PTSD. Abusing it, much like any other substance has it's negative effects but unlike many, like alcohol or tobacco, it's got many more positives than it does negatives(I'm pretty sure that the only bad thing it's been scientifically proven to cause was some sort of lung condition, very rarely, but don't quote me on that.) So...yes, those are a few reasons, I can totally see why you'd be against it(I'm against hard drugs, even Alcohol and Tobacco I have problems with. I've been dealing with my dad's "girlfriend" who is a major alcoholic, and it's been a nightmare. A lot of people in my family smoke and I'm totally disgusted by it, etc.). And trust me, if it's abused I'm sure that it has negatives.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Is it actually lmao

If so I hope everyone who's been arrested for it gets justice.

Yep, it's happening. Taxation is undecided but it's happening.

...Man, Canada's like...Really cool.

I mean...With limitations there's nothing wrong with it. It has many known medicinal properties, helping people with pain, or vets who have PTSD. Abusing it, much like any other substance has it's negative effects but unlike many, like alcohol or tobacco, it's got many more positives than it does negatives(I'm pretty sure that the only bad thing it's been scientifically proven to cause was some sort of lung condition, very rarely, but don't quote me on that.) So...yes, those are a few reasons, I can totally see why you'd be against it(I'm against hard drugs, even Alcohol and Tobacco I have problems with. I've been dealing with my dad's "girlfriend" who is a major alcoholic, and it's been a nightmare. A lot of people in my family smoke and I'm totally disgusted by it, etc.). And trust me, if it's abused I'm sure that it has negatives.

Yeah I should have clarified that, the abuse of any drug is going to be harmful. I'm totally against tobacco it's disgusting and you're gonna get lung cancer bye.

Yeah I should have clarified that, the abuse of any drug is going to be harmful. I'm totally against tobacco it's disgusting and you're gonna get lung cancer bye.

Yeah, tobacco is the worst...Not sure how I feel about alcohol totally but I do have my issues with it. I don't think it should be banned though, we've seen what Prohibition caused in the 1920's, but I wouldn't put it in my system.

Yeah, tobacco is the worst...Not sure how I feel about alcohol totally but I do have my issues with it. I don't think it should be banned though, we've seen what Prohibition caused in the 1920's, but I wouldn't put it in my system.

There definitely needs to be some form of restriction on alcohol. I don't mean to ban it outright, rather to limit the number you can buy. It's horrid to see families torn apart due to alcohol dependencies of a loved one.

I don't really have a problem with alcohol unless it's abused. Not only because it's hurting the abuser but also the people around them. Something else I've witnessed.

I don't really have a problem with alcohol unless it's abused. Not only because it's hurting the abuser but also the people around them. Something else I've witnessed.

Yeah, that's basically my thought on the matter. I mean, shoot, it's fine if you want to have a little bit, to have a good time or whatever but when you're downing it all day and night that's when it goes wrong. I've seen what alcohol abuse can do to a person. Like I said, my dad's "girlfriend"(Who I don't like anyways) is a major alcoholic. She hides it and then when she drives us around on the occasions that she does, she almost gets us killed. She becomes this even worse person, it takes away your trust of a person even.

Last edited:

i just did some reading up on that, and from what i read, it's not been determined whether or not marijuana causes mental illness, but it can make it worse. it is very unfortunate for your family member, and i definitely wish them the best. :(
i think if you have any type of mental illness -- or even family history of mental illness you should be very wary of drugs, even marijuana.
there have however, been many, many cases where using marijuana has been beneficial to people who suffer from physical illnesses, like cancer, epilepsy, glaucoma, etc.

Back