Should Marijuana be Legalized?

Should it be legalized?

• Total voters
Anything is addictive to people who are prone to addictions. Should food be illegal, too? Obesity and food addiction is rampant these days. Should sports be illegal because of how addicted people get to watching or playing?

Weed is addictive to people who get addicted to things. Plenty of people don't get addicted to weed.

I've never heard of food or sports addictions. Food can't be illegal because we actually need it to live. I don't see people getting addicted to weed often either. Obviously, getting high is addictive, but there's nothing in weed that will kill you like heroin or cocaine would. Unless you're smoking 600kg of it at once. ;)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Nasal inhalers should be illegal 'cause that ****s good lmao

Last edited:
Anything is addictive to people who are prone to addictions. Should food be illegal, too? Obesity and food addiction is rampant these days. Should sports be illegal because of how addicted people get to watching or playing?

Weed is addictive to people who get addicted to things. Plenty of people don't get addicted to weed.

i just feel like legalising it allows more people to get addicted to it

It's not a very addictive substance, though. And even if you were addicted, it's not harmful.

this is just from personal experience, but i've had many friends go from weed to harder drugs and ruin their lives from that; i don't want a larger amount of people doing that, is all

i just feel like legalising it allows more people to get addicted to it

Not necessarily. Like forestyne said, it really isn't that addictive. A lot more addictions to substances out there are worse, anyways. Marijuana's got more benefits than it does risks.

Yes, if alcohol is legal marijuana might as well be. Considering alcohol is worse imho

Not necessarily. Like forestyne said, it really isn't that addictive. A lot more addictions to substances out there are worse, anyways. Marijuana's got more benefits than it does risks.

like i said before, it's not really weed that is the problem, it's what weed can lead to

this is just from personal experience, but i've had many friends go from weed to harder drugs and ruin their lives from that; i don't want a larger amount of people doing that, is all

I mean, I don't think weed can be considered the gateway to that. Besides, Alcohol and cigarettes are a lot worse. I'm not denying that people would do that but I don't think that alone should be the end-all be-all reasoning against it. A lot of people start hard drugs for a lot of reasons not correlated to marijuana. Peer pressure, pain, addictive natures, etc. Hell, painkillers are a lot worse than marijuana, and I'd say that'd be a bigger gateway to going into hard drugs.

Paracetamol and over-the-counter antibiotics are also addictive and very harmful for your health, yet we haven't banned those yet. :confused: If we ban all drugs and all addictive substances that cause more harm than marijuana globally, the human race would be dead in about two months.

I haven't read all the comments, but I have friends and family that love marijuana. They smoke it all the time. A couple of them have gotten DUI's while driving high. One ran a stop sign and badly injured an 18 year old boy. His legs will never be the same. Some can't pay their bills, but they have pot to smoke. A couple of them have horible coughs, and they themselves know it's from smoking pot ( neither smoke cigerettes). So it bothers me to hear so many say it's harmless.

However, I voted to have it legalized. I don't think it's much different than alcohol. It's a drug, and should be used responsibly, and in moderation.

I'm also all for this canibus ( not sure how to spell it) that people are claiming helps with their childrens seizures, relieves pain for cancer patients, etc.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, forgot to add how many relatives I have that can't get jobs because they won't pass a drug test, but refuse to stop smoking it.

I haven't read all the comments, but I have friends and family that love marijuana. They smoke it all the time. A couple of them have gotten DUI's while driving high. One ran a stop sign and badly injured an 18 year old boy. His legs will never be the same. Some can't pay their bills, but they have pot to smoke. A couple of them have horible coughs, and they themselves know it's from smoking pot ( neither smoke cigerettes). So it bothers me to hear so many say it's harmless.

However, I voted to have it legalized. I don't think it's much different than alcohol. It's a drug, and should be used responsibly, and in moderation.

I'm also all for this canibus ( not sure how to spell it) that people are claiming helps with their childrens seizures, relieves pain for cancer patients, etc.

Oh, yeah, I'm not denying that it's harmless, I totally agree that it should be used within moderation.(I also think it shouldn't be used in the typical manner until about the age of 26, it can be detrimental to the brain until then). But I do think that it's got a lot of benefits overall, a lot more benefits than risks if used right. At least it's incredibly hard to OD unless you can smoke a warehouse of weed, unlike Alcohol, where Alcohol poisoning is incredibly common, or getting lung cancer from cigarettes. I mean, shoot, marijuana made family who was once completely screwed up over pills into great people, and cut their dependence on that medicine which turned out was never needed in the first place(Of course I'm not saying everyone throw their pills in the lake, that'd just be stupid.)

At least it's incredibly hard to OD unless you can smoke a warehouse of weed, unlike Alcohol, where Alcohol poisoning is incredibly common, or getting lung cancer from cigarettes.

I think it takes about 16 shots of alcohol to kill you. And if you smoke first-hand from the age of 16, it may vary depending on how much you smoke but getting lung cancer and extreme health problems by the time you're 60 is highly likely.

Nothing is harmless, everything in this world is slowly killing us (even the air and oxygen we breathe is slowly setting fire to our lungs), so we're all going to die anyway.

Personally I'm against all drugs unless they are prescribed by doctors for your health.

Marijuana makes you have slower reaction times, which can cause an accident specifically car accidents, your appetite is increased, meaning you can gain an eating disorder (who knows) and you may get a headache/ become dizzy. This is only to name a few problems with marijuana, I know a few people who have been prescribed cannabis and it has helped them significantly but like I've stated above you will be prone to side effects so watch your intake.

Alcohol is the most problematic in my opinion, it's a depressant not an antidepressant and has many harmful side effects which will challenge living a normal life. People can become abusive due to an alcohol addiction so it's not just your problem it affects everybody who you love as well, these people will endlessly try to help you and you are too sick and your addiction is too strong so your family and friends do it for you which results in them becoming sick and depressed. You may hit, insult and manipulate them too because of the drink, you aren't thinking straight and you can't control yourself so when you get angry you will lash out at your kids or partner because the drink controls you and you become unstable resulting in a broken family, home and heart.

Cigarettes are an other drug which have many health risks and environmental risks too, they relieve temporary stress and help you get incredibly sick, worse than you ever were in the first place. Which is sadly ironic and people realize this when it's too late...when you're laying there coughing all the time with more health problems than you ever had before which creates even more stress, of course this doesn't happen all the time but it happens way too often.

People going out for a few drinks think to themselves "it will never happen to me, I would never" and the next moment something painful happens which delivers you into a case of unbearable torment and pain, and what's near by? Alcohol...then you start drinking and drinking until you can't anymore.
Drugs are awful and sadly access to them is far too easy.

Last edited:
I think it takes about 16 shots of alcohol to kill you. And if you smoke first-hand from the age of 16, it may vary depending on how much you smoke but getting lung cancer and extreme health problems by the time you're 60 is highly likely.

Nothing is harmless, everything in this world is slowly killing us (even the air and oxygen we breathe is slowly setting fire to our lungs), so we're all going to die anyway.

Like Testosterone! I like how testosterone can just destroy the liver. :D

But yeah, everything kills us, we all have our time to go, so I don't see having fun here and there as long as you aren't killing yourself over it.

Last edited:
But yeah, everything kills us, we all have our time to go, so I don't see having fun here and there as long as you aren't killing yourself over it.

You have a point, but it's unfair when someone who is irresponsible with drugs causes someone else to get injured or die in an accident. I think people should be able to do whatever they want as long as they don't harm others or themselves too much.

Last edited:
You have a point, but it's unfair when someone who is irresponsible with drugs causes someone else to get injured or die in an accident. I think people should be able to do whatever they want as long as they don't harm others or themselves too much.

The only thing I want to remain illegal is driving under the influence. Just because it's legal to own and smoke it doesn't make it excusable to get in your car and potentially kill somebody.

Yeah, I think that too...Sorry I hadn't made that clear. Yeah, as long as they aren't hurting anyone or themselves, people can do what they feel like doing. Of course, I don't mean hard drugs or stuff like that, that's just killing yourself basically.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The only thing I want to remain illegal is driving under the influence. Just because it's legal to own and smoke it doesn't make it excusable to get in your car and potentially kill somebody.

Yeah, that's something that should stay a rule. If people were allowed to drive under influence people would be dying left and right. It isn't excusable. That's why I think it's helpful to have a partner who can get you home safe.

wow this is getting intensu

this is just from personal experience, but i've had many friends go from weed to not doing harder drugs and not ruin their lives from that; i want a larger amount of people to enjoy themselves

this is just from personal experience, but i've had many friends go from weed to not doing harder drugs and not ruin their lives from that; i want a larger amount of people to enjoy themselves

Yeah, I've heard that weed can be considered the gateway drug but honestly, all the people that I know who does weed just does weed. Well, one also smokes cigs but that's it. I'm not doubting it happens but I have never actually seen it be the gateway drug it can be known for.

Back