does anyone know when the purple sunsets occur?

Elegant Star123

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
2607-9264-3411
Red Candy
Red Candy
Father's Day Carnation
Red Candy
Red Candy
Red Candy
Red Candy
Does anyone know? the purple sunset is very pretty and I would love to be able to have it in my town! if anyone knows which days the purple sunset appears or what time it does, do lmk! :)

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?207528-How-often-do-rare-sunrise-sunsets-occur

I found this thread from a while back.According to the thread,the rare sunrise is purple and the rare sunset is orange.I don't know if these sunsets/sunrises occur on specific days or are random but the date in the top set of screenshots is 3/28.I've seen an orange sunset a couple of times in the game but I've never seen a purple sunrise.

Omg, that purple sunrise is amazing <3 I hope it happens in my town during the cherry blossom festival so I can save my dream town at that time. That would be the most amazing thing ever!

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?207528-How-often-do-rare-sunrise-sunsets-occur

I found this thread from a while back.According to the thread,the rare sunrise is purple and the rare sunset is orange.I don't know if these sunsets/sunrises occur on specific days or are random but the date in the top set of screenshots is 3/28.I've seen an orange sunset a couple of times in the game but I've never seen a purple sunrise.

wow okay! I'm gonna possibly try and see if I can get one with this date. Thanks again for showing this link!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Omg, that purple sunrise is amazing <3 I hope it happens in my town during the cherry blossom festival so I can save my dream town at that time. That would be the most amazing thing ever!

indeed it would be!

- - - Post Merge - - -

the purple sunrise does indeed appear on 3/28 early morning!!

Wow.. I never knew there was a purple sunrise. I guess that's what I get for not playing in/time travelling to the early morning hours. I've seen the orange sunset many times however!

i've never seen the purple sunrise because i've rarely ever set my time to sunrise, but i haven't seen the orange sunset either?! and i play at sunset so often :( are there specific dates they occur on then? i would think it would be different for each town though.

PgrpAOO.jpg
I got this orange sunset last year.I uploaded this screenshot in June of last year but I think my town was set to some time in autumn.

Yknow I had the orange sunset ONCE back when I first started playing and thought nothing of it cause I literally had JUST started playing THAT DAY, so I thought it was "part of the game" yknow? like that was just how the sunset looked...wish I had known how rare it was...I would've cherished it and appreciated it more! I also would've taken some screen shots!

That purple colour is sooooooo gorgeous!! <3 I've never seen it!

Though I've never been awake then. xD

Once found the purple sunrise around the time only Molly, Bertha, and Marina were awake...

So between 6:00 am - 8:00am.
Also, I found it around March-May, so I'd predict that it most often occurs during Spring.

The orange sunset is usually seen in the Summer in my town...

Last edited:
I personally LOVE playing ACNL early in the morning. In CRIBBET, my first town...its set to real time and date as real life...and my second town STARLEAF, is set to September and 2016 and its like set to a 5 hour difference so I can play am in the game even if its PM in my life!!

never seen a purple sunset in my town but i'd love to experience one, i'd also definitely update my DA
i've seen about 5 orange sunsets? they're pretty

XhPPhl9.jpg

MucUXh7.jpg
I thought I'd fiddle with my cycling town to see if I could find that purple sunrise.My town was in May so I TT'd back to March 28 to match the date in that old thread I posted and then TT'd a couple of more days ahead to March 30 at 6:02 AM and there it was.

omg the purple sunset is crazy pretty... someone should make a pastel/space themed town and update the dream address with the rare sunrise!!

I think I've gotten the orange sunset but haven't seen the purple one yet (that's awesome though!)

I didn't even know this was a thing. The purple sky looks so cool. :)

has anyone else had any luck getting the purple sunrise on other days? I tried march 28th with a new town I had made and the purple sunset isn't there with this one sadly :u: if anyone has luck getting a purple sunrise on another day do lmk! :)

Back