• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

😈Any Monster high fans???

i loved monster high when i was younger! i still do, the creativity put into each character is amazing. unfortunately i never owned a doll, but i did watch almost every movie they made and i loved them. my fav one was lagoona bc her color pallete was the best

but my real toy obsession was the lalaloopsy mini dolls which were about the same toy era as monster high... dear god i had a whole collection now theyre just in a box in my closet collecting crazy dust. looking back on it though, im not surprised why i liked them! they were WAYYY unique just google them and you'll see what i mean. it was frickin lit when my friends came over all we would do is play with my lalaloopsys. i miss being a kid sometimes. sorry for going off topic this just reminded me of my childhood!

I think they're alright. They aren't for me(I play with Pokemon printed on cardboard tyvm) but I know my cousin loves them. I think they're a lot cooler than something like those god-awful Bratz...I mean, at least the characters have unique designs. If I can give it props for anything it's that. Unlike some toy lines I really don't have a problem with it.

Last edited:
Never.

I had a friend who loved them though. She had the guy with the snake hair and an ancient-Egypt looking girl that was probably based on a mummy or Cleopatra or something. I don't remember it was like 5 years ago.

Last edited:
Aw i was hoping to see some fans ah well. I like the character designs the snake guy you were talking about is my fave. The movies are ungodly cheesy but that good tm cringey type of cheesy lmao

I used to watch Monster High episodes back then in elementary, but now I stopped. Probably lost interest, but I remember I enjoyed watching them. I was just in for the episodes, and not for the toys. Although, the characters were crazy detailed, and I liked that.

my sister used to LOVE monster high dolls when she was younger. i always thought they were cute, but dolls just aren't really my thing tbh.

I'm a fan of the dolls and some of the movies (I like watching them with the children I am a nanny for). If they had been around when I was younger, I would have likely collected far more. I'm a wannabe collector of asian ball-jointed dolls and MH dolls are kinda the poor/cheap person's alternative. I currently have about 4 and intend to get more once my local thrift store gets some.

Me not , never really liked dolls

However , i remember back in 2012 - 2013 (4th grade for me) many girls at my classroom wanted them and they would show them to the entire class :p

I love them!! I haven't been as actively into MH as of lately but they are pretty awesome.

I don't know if I have a favourite or not cuz they are all pretty cool.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I love them!! I haven't been as actively into MH as of lately but they are pretty awesome.

I don't know if I have a favourite or not cuz they are all pretty cool.

I remember when I was like 7 or 8, I got a doll only because the girls in my school loved monster high.

The whole entire doll broke into pieces. The only part of it left I have is the dress.

I have the Lady Gaga doll, still boxed, and it's one of my most valuable possessions.

I like the dolls a lot, it makes me sad things like that didn't exist when I was younger. I really like that they have different face sculpts and of course their fashions and the fact that they're monster is just freaking rad. I think I have about 8 dolls so far? My boyfriend had bought me a three set for Christmas last year and I've slowly accumulated them. My favorite I have is Sirena Von Boo, she's absolutely gorgeous. I like their articulation and hate the cheap versions that aren't as articulated and have their shoes built in, my friend's gotten me one of those and it's atrocious. I hope someday to get a few of mine repainted because I love them even more with face-ups. If I was more skilled with paint I'd do it myself.

ALSO I want Iris SO BAD. Like I've wanted her forever...

Last edited:
lmao i never liked that show
but i do get the dolls and repaint them for fun

Last edited:
I've watched a few of the webisodes and movies with my niece. I enjoyed them. Some of them were pretty funny. But I more so enjoy collecting and photographing the dolls. I currently own 24 dolls, and there are a few more I would like for Christmas. I mostly prefer the older releases. I think some of the newer sculpts are funny looking. >.<

Here are some of the best photographs I've taken in case anyone is interested:
32973808186_6f84af949a_n.jpg
32889201101_eaa783501a_n.jpg

32504637892_0607234f38_n.jpg
32504638102_3b9f2898f8_n.jpg

28379583941_d56f3a5456_n.jpg

24068485082_ea28831e15_n.jpg

20676801063_a0fe46efb9_n.jpg

14663236473_42a875181d_n.jpg

I'm familiar with it because my niece is obsessed with MH stuff but I'm not a doll collector myself. Some of the characters look pretty cool though.

Oh and I was /this/ close to buying the Lady Gaga one when it was released lmao but luckily I came to my senses before spending $40 on something when I didn't even have a place to display it.

When I was in second grade I loved them. (Around 2010). Now I'm starting freshman year of high school tomorrow so I'm not really into them anymore.Movies were ok, but I didn't really like them. Dolls were interesting but they broke very easily. I know you can snap the legs and arms back on but sometimes they didn't fit back together. It was a nice idea though, and I liked them more than barbies.

Last edited:
Back