• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

So I just updated my game

nerdmayor

Em from New Eden
Bells
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
I haven't played ACNL in quite a while, but I'm getting close to finishing up school and I thought as a way to relax during my downtime it would be fun to restart my town and get back into it. I just updated my game and am excited to explore the new additional campground feature - but I have a question:

Are there new ACNL villagers?? I've noticed that in some people's signatures here there are some new characters I'm not familiar with! Are these new characters villagers you can move into your town? I'm so sorry if this is old news and I hope it's not just a junk thread. I'm so excited though if these are new villagers!? oh my gosh. :blush:

The new villagers are only available through amiibo cards, to my understanding. There is a new campsite that has RV parking spaces, accessible in all updated towns. There are special amiibo cards that have RV characters on them. You scan the amiibo card and can invite the new villager to come and camp or move in.

A lot of new villagers have been brought back from the dead. Ones like Donie havent been seen since the first game

The new villagers are only available through amiibo cards, to my understanding. There is a new campsite that has RV parking spaces, accessible in all updated towns. There are special amiibo cards that have RV characters on them. You scan the amiibo card and can invite the new villager to come and camp or move in.
Zelda and Splatoon amiibos also unlock new villagers.

This is really exciting news to me. I really like that Nintendo added new content to a game that is several years old now - It helps keep New Leaf "fresh". I think I'll be purchasing some amiibo cards in the near future for sure!

A lot of new villagers have been brought back from the dead. Ones like Donie havent been seen since the first game

I've noticed! I really like that Sprocket is back and I would absolutely love to have that robot birb in my game!

Back