• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Splatoon are you gonna abandon the first game for the second game? when it comes?

ZebraQueen

i love my zebras
Pear 🍐
Banana 🍌
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7684-6558-1977
Festive Bell
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
Holiday Candy Cane 2019
Purple Bat Potion
Purple Violet
Purple Candy
Green Candy
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Pear (Fruit)
well are ya?

personally im not because i dont have a switch yet :(
so il stay for a while with the wii u one ul i get one :)

but i wont abandon after that time i care too much about it
plus will be easier because pro will be on the 2 :p

Maybe not completely, but I'm sure the vast majority of my splatting time will go to the sequel. Unfortunately, moving the jump button from X to B will make it harder to switch back and forth, unless they provide an option to change the button configuration.

I haven't played splatoon much recently but if I pick it up again it'll be the first one, mainly cuz I'm not getting a switch for another year or two when there's more games and the price has (hopefully) been dropped

I hope the first doesn't die off :<

I probably won't go back to playing the first game since I need to get used to the jump being on the B button and the controller feeling lighter on the Switch. I have to get used to controlling the camera again with the motion controls.

Last edited:
It's just the cycle.
What do you mean by cycle???
As in one moment playing splatoon 2
But maybe like after 3 months you want to see how the wii u one and play the game?

Or as in the cycle that the sequel it's played forever until a new sequel comes out and never played again the before one

I'm gonna be stuck with the first one for a while yet, so I'm just going to
get the most out of it whilst I can! Can't deny that I'm super hyped for the
second one though... Hair styles finally.

I'll probably keep playing the first one for a while, as well as 2, purely because I still enjoy playing it and I'd like to rank up some more!

I most likely will. I rarely use my Wii U for anything but Breath of the Wild at the moment and looking up info on games on the GamePad while I use other consoles. After I finish BotW, I don't know what I may use my Wii U for, but I was thinking of using it as Virtual Console box, but I may resort to a gaming PC for that...

I already have honestly. Unless I'm playing with a friend I feel no desire to play Splatoon, but I'm looking forward to the second game. I'm hoping Salmon Run and pick up and play factor of the Switch keeps me hooked

I'm trying to avoid playing the firs due to the control scheme of the second. Opening the map instead of jumping during the demo, anyone?

I'd like to think i'll still play the original, but I'll probably end up abandoning it.
I'll still hold on to the game though, because I'll feel terrible giving up all that progress even if I never touch it again.

Probably. I'll be more invested in advancing in Splatoon 2. Plus they're cutting support from 1 little by little to put more resources into 2.

Probably yes. I've already kind of stopped playing Splatoon on Wii U (I sometimes play it.) I spent 300+ hours on it and with that amount of playtime it is probably to be expected that I've seen everything that could happen in the game. I'm super pumped to get back into Splatoon when Splatoon 2 comes out though.

Back