• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Nightmares of your town being stolen or erased?

While I never had bad dreams about having the whole shebang lost, I did have bad dreams about losing my dreamies. Some of them are plotted in THE perfect spots.

Wow, it's funny to read that so many people have dreamed about this happening. I dream a lot but I've never dreamed about anything animal crossing related.

That's not the only way. In any digital versions of games, for example, being on the SD card can be risky because those things corrupt easily depending on how often you remove the SD card. I've had camera pictures corrupt before and I've heard of it happening to games. Also, for physical copies, what would happen if the game isn't read properly during saving? For some games, like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team, this corrupts it and you lose everything. (Yes, that happened to me) For other games, like Pokemon Sapphire (Note that I am talking about a GBA game and not a 3DS game), it has a backup that it goes to. What happens to New Leaf? I don't know.

Thank you for the information. I didn't know that. Well, I've never taken my SD card out, because I don't really need to, thanks to Nintendo Image share. Maybe we should ask Nintendo for a new back up system so we don't have to get our town corrupted.

There was this one time when I thought my town got corrupted from playing Club Tortimer but my younger brother explained to me Resetti on the screen like that means the person who was playing with me flicked the wifi switch off. He was right, my town was completely safe! That person who flicked the wifi switch must have thrown a tantrum because I didn't give him 99,000 bells. Like, why don't you get your own??? I still go there from time to time, I'm not letting them ruin my experience, especially when there are friendly players out there.

Last edited:
I've had a couple dreams about losing my town. I think it's natural to fear losing something one has worked so hard on for so long.
One time, I had a dream where I actually was my character; all the villagers were kidnapped one by one, and I teamed up with Copper to find out who was doing it. Then Copper got snatched, and I was taken by some tentacled eldritch horror. Then I woke up.

It's pretty much already happened to me. I lost my first ACNL game cartridge recently, the one I spent 1400+ hours on. I don't know how I lost it but I'm pretty sure I accidentally threw it out during Christmas time while wrapping presents. I must have thought the game case I had it in (Happy Home Designer) was empty for some reason.

It's ironic because I named that town Atlantis.. so now it really is the lost city of Atlantis :p

Not much to do but rebuild a new town. So moral of the story: always check your game cases before you throw them away.

Back