• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Nightmares of your town being stolen or erased?

Corrie

I hear the secrets that you keep...
Peach 🍑
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Pink Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Yellow Balloon
How many of you have had nightmares about your town being stolen or deleted?

For some reason, I keep having nightmares of people stealing my game case along with New Leaf. It's freaking awful and I hope it never happens in real life.

I just had one mere seconds ago. Just woke up from it.

Last edited:
i actually had a dream about my town being ruined a few hours ago, i have a lot of dreams about AC:NL for some reason.
whenever i start up my game i do get worried about seeing Rover on the train. don't really know why but i've worked so hard

I don't get a lot of deep sleep, so naturally don't have a lot of dreams. Naturally, I've had none about ACNL as my life doesn't revolve around it, but perhaps I would have if I dreamt more. :p

I haven't had a dream of my town being erased, but I have had a dream of all my villagers mysteriously leaving at the same time (the town was practically deserted).

I had a horrible dream that my towns dream code was changed. The new code was uuu-ppp-666. For some reason, the code really upset me. Lol.

I had a dream that Butch got mad at me for some reason and came at me with a chainsaw... what is wrong with me?!

You only get your town corrupted if you hacked your town (being able to place your house on the beach, having two town plaza trees, being able to place flowers and trees in the water etc). If you aren't able to do these things, then that means your town will not get corrupted.

Last edited:
It wasn't a nightmare for me unfortunately.
My brother erased my town of three years (city folk) a while ago.
Still haven't felt like starting up a new town :/

I had this one dream were I lost two of my dreamies (Hazel and Francine) at the same time..they just all of a sudden just moved away and left me some very emotional letters (Which I forgot what it said), I woke up in tears and quickly turn on my game and they both were fine lol

and another dream where I visited some dream town and came back to mines and for some reason my town's tree was in the ocean O_O it kinda scared me..

I never had a dream of my town get stolen or eased before.

Last edited:
I haven't had nightmares about New Leaf, but I've had a nightmare about my data corrupting in Pokemon Y.

You only get your town corrupted if you hacked your town (being able to place your house on the beach, having two town plaza trees, being able to place flowers and trees in the water etc). If you aren't able to do these things, then that means your town will not get corrupted.
That's not the only way. In any digital versions of games, for example, being on the SD card can be risky because those things corrupt easily depending on how often you remove the SD card. I've had camera pictures corrupt before and I've heard of it happening to games. Also, for physical copies, what would happen if the game isn't read properly during saving? For some games, like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team, this corrupts it and you lose everything. (Yes, that happened to me) For other games, like Pokemon Sapphire (Note that I am talking about a GBA game and not a 3DS game), it has a backup that it goes to. What happens to New Leaf? I don't know.

That's so weird, I had a dream about my 3ds being stolen the other night and I lost my main town! I'm going to be extra careful carrying it around now just to be safe.

I haven't had any dreams about losing my town or my game, but I did dream once about Marshal showing up in my campsite (didn't happen), and on another occasion I dreamed about Reese buying turnips for 75 bells (she was buying them for 74 that day).

I haven't had any nightmares like that. My nightmares usually are of the zombie variety. Now watch me have one about AC zombie villagers, lol.

What Jirachi100 says is how I understand things as well. I have cart games of acnl and make sure I allow the game to save properly - I don't rush the process, albeit tempting when I'm tired.
Having the game corrupt is my worry/nightmare. There is no legitimate way of backing up the acnl town. Given the amount of time we spend on the game, I feel Nintendo should have allowed backing up, tho I understand there are reasons on their part why they don't allow it.
Having said that I have never had a game file corrupt, & I've played ac games since 2006.

Well I truthfully can't say I've had nightmares about AC:NL or any AC game for that matter - sounds rather terrifying to be really honest :/ - but I have had my actual AC:NL stolen in real life, a couple times actually :'( especially when I've worked so freakin' hard on the game only to having to start again.

I had a horrible dream that I went on holiday and left my New Leaf game on the bed side table and went home. I then went around the world to get it back lmao

Back