How to make Animal Crossing fun again

The_Storyteller

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Hi all,

I've been playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf again since the start of the year, and my town is doing really well! My mayor's house is almost finished and I'm playing around with different themes and furniture for my other characters. I'm starting to landscape and lay down paths and plan PWPs, but I'm finding it all to be basically just a little bit dull...

I was happy to grind through the days of Nookling Junction and tiny house and only native fruit, but now I finally have the resources to make my town great, I'm getting very bored of it! Normally I would just take a break for a while, but I want to persist. I've always done a lot of time travelling, so I could afford to be very impatient, but I'm wondering if maybe that's why I'm growing bored of my town.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could make Animal Crossing fun again? I love my town, I'm not ready to give up!

Well personally, for me, I would go for 100% completion :) Meaning complete the museum, get all badges, and fill my catalogue. But that isn't "fun" for everyone..

If you haven't already, having friends to play with really helps, even if you invite someone over to help you plant stuff or move stuff, or just to go to the island to do grinding it can really help. Also visiting other towns and stuff can give you the inspiration and kick in the pants you needs. But definitely it helps to have others around to keep it interesting.

hm idk what to tell you, most people that get bored of acnl usually end up not playing for a while then get back into it. try playing for a set amount of time each day so it doesn't get stale

You should try all the resources which the game has, play with friends follow town initiatives which can be worth doing and trying mini-games in the island.

I say: give the game - the series as a whole - a break and play something else. Why play a game that's gotten boring? An alternative is to start over from scratch (either with the 1 town you have or get another cart) and play holistically without time travel and other outside means of advancement.

Go to Club Tortimer, and pick on the kids.

Go on a tour that has pitfalls, dig them up, then plant behind trees and bushes on the Island. The fun begins when the Islanders start falling into them.

Wear an ogre mask, grab an axe, then chase them around while yelling KILL,KILL, as you hit them in the head.

When someone asks you for bells, turn it around on them. Follow them and keep begging for bells until they can't take it anymore and eventually leave.

Catch a small fish, then brag about the shark you just caught. Walk up to the players and proudly show them your shark ( small fish).

Invite an annoying kid on a tour. Talk nonstop as the player is trying to win the tour and scaring off the fish or bugs their trying to catch is also great fun.

Then of course, there's the beat the Islanders in the head with a net over and over until they leave or hit the wifi trick. This one never gets old.

Or, you could just do what I do when I get bored of the game. I visit dream towns, redecorate my rooms, start a new character and decorate their house, make fun patterns for furniture, wallpaper, or clothing, And of course, beat the villagers in the head with a net until they no longer want to speak to me. LOL

I dunno if it's your thing, but breeding hybrids has always kept me motivated. Especially breeding blue roses and purple pansies from scratch.

When I get bored I like to visit dream towns and visit some threads in the train station to see if anyone wants someone to do island tours with or visit!

These are all great suggestions. I love the idea of going to Club Tortimer and harassing people (omg, so funny!) but I'd probably never do it because I feel bad. I'm trying setting my town back to today's date. Papi asked me to catch him a coelacanth. That's something at least!

I know how you feel. I lost interest in it for a while, but I suddenly got back into it and started over pretty much from scratch.

I'm doing a few things to keep myself interested:

1) getting a little more involved with the community - I've been talking to folks on TBT and on a Discord server, and I made an AC sideblog on Tumblr the other day. I'm planning on posting dream town reviews there, which should provide me with some inspiration and keep the game interesting!
2) setting goals for myself - I want to make a pretty town and house, get my dreamies, fill up the museum, collect all the items, and maybe try to get all the badges.
3) only playing when I'm actually in the mood - if I don't feel like playing AC, I don't. I don't want it to become a chore.
4) not worrying so much about what others will think - I used to worry a lot about my villagers, outfit, town layout, etc, and how they stacked up in comparison to other folks' towns. now, I don't fuss about that stuff as much, and that takes a lot of the pressure out of the game, which makes it significantly more fun.

Last edited:
I'm kinda getting bored of ACNL too, yet I'm still having a lot of fun with the GCN game. Breeding hybrids doesn't really interest me and I can't be bothered to visit dream towns. I've also donated a ton of stuff to the museum and all that's left is impossible to get right now. I think it's just because I have less time to play ACNL as I play other games which is why I also don't visit this forum that much anymore.

It is human to take breaks in between so one does not burn out from playing ?Animal Crossing: New Leaf.? So, that is something to keep in mind.

I usually make another town. That is why I have twelve of them, lol, with only one totally completed. This provides me with many options. Some of my towns are sea related villages, some forest themed. Some have all the same animal species and some are just plain mad. Some are female centric, others male. I gave myself a wide berth since AC is the only game I play. Plus I adore the villagers all so much that I wanted a hundred of them. Mission accomplished.

Update~

I've been trying to time travel less and get more involved in my town. I finally have two blue roses, and I caught a char for my museum. I've also been doing some landscaping, laying paths and working on my houses. It's definitely made the game more fun! I even scored a coelecanth the other day! Woo!

Last edited:
Back