Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • Super Mario 3D Land

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Super Mario 3D World

Votes: 10 12.2%

• Total voters
Hmm, probably Galaxy or Galaxy 2. I do like Galaxy 2 more then 1 but it's probably only because of memories when I was younger. 64 and Sunshine are very good games too, but I haven't played them as much as the Galaxy games nor have I beaten them.

My favorite is SMS, it's got beautiful scenery, enjoyable characters and fun gameplay. (Though I never got around to finishing it.) I'm surprised it's triumphing over 64.

I haven't looked at this thread in a while and I'm pleasantly surprised to see the best one be so high compared to the rest.

I love you all. <3

I think Super Mario Sunshine is a good game but there are a few things I don't like about it.

1. The blue coins. I hate how they're not all present through all the episodes.

2. Piantas and Nokis. Worst characters since Tingle.

3. The lack of environmental variety. I get that the tropical location is the theme of the game but for me it makes the game less interresting.

FLUDD and the secret levels are by far my favorite part of Super Mario Sunshine.

sunshine was my favourite game when i was a kid, i havent played it in at least 6 years because our gamecube and all the games are at my brother's house )::
i really liked some other mario games too but sunshine was the one i wnjoyed the most. i wish they would do a remake of it or release it for a newer console (it would have been great if they released it for wii u !!) because it was rly cool and good.

i think that while super mario galaxy and super mario 3d world both were good they werent as unique as sunshine. idk i think the flagpole thing on every map is a bit ): ... i rly liked that there were different pbjectives 2 the maps in sunshine

I've only played Sunshine and 3D World on that list, but of those two Sunshine is definitely my favourite. It gives me amazing nostalgia of summer years ago when I was a kid, plus it's one of my favourite games to watch speedruns of during events. One of my favourite levels in that game was the fluff festival in Pianta Village, it made little me so happy for some reason.

I loved 3D World too, although I don't own it. My sister and her bf brought it over a couple of Christmases ago and we had a great time playing it together. One of the best Christmases I've ever had. The cat suits are way too cute, easily my favourite power-up.

I complied with your threat! :'D Don't hurt me!

Really though, Sunshine was one of the most fun games I've played through. I never really got to beating it though, and sadly, I can't get my hands on it to replay. I played 64 as well, but that was back when I sucked at every game I played. (Though, in my defense, my brothers designated me the awkward controller out of the ones we owned... yeah, let's say that's why.)

super mario 128, obviously

nah, but galaxy gets the cake because i'm a young little nugget and it was my first 3D mario game

Surprised to see Sunshine up high! :eek:

Me too. If I can remember from Mario fans and Nintendo fans, Sunshine was actually the most divisive 3D Mario game. While it was considered to be the worst 3D Mario game, it's still at least not as bad as the others if you want a challenging platformer game. 3D Land and 3D World were way too linear and more of a mockup of the 2D Mario games. Galaxy and Galaxy 2 were also linear, as the gravity mechanic almost ruined both games. And SM64 aged really badly in gameplay.

My favorite would be SMS. What I enjoyed about Super Mario Sunshine was the puzzles and platformers as it was my first 3D Mario game I played. Even the blue coins wasn't as bothersome for me. And FLUDD is the best video game sidekick of all time...in my opinion that is.

Of all the Mario games I've played, Paper Mario has been my favorite. But if I am asked to limit it to 3D Mario games, I would definitely go for Mario Sunshine. The whole concept was fascinating for me and the worlds were very beautiful to see (Sirena Beach was my favorite!). The ending was definitely a downer, but I liked the idea of you being the one responsible on making the island look more beautiful.

It'd be between 64 and Sunshine for me, since I don't like the direction they took the series with Super Mario Galaxy and on (thankfully that trend was broken with Odyssey). I'll probably go with Sunshine. Super Mario 64 just feels... I hate to say it... too dated.

I have a soft spot for Super Mario 64 because of nostalgia, but my favourite on the list is probably Mario Sunshine

I love every one that I've played, but I said Sunshine because it is the most aesthetically pleasing one to me of all the ones I've played.

I love Mario 64 D: I thought there'd be more love for it. But then again, I haven't played Galaxy or Sunshine, and I have heard that those are good. Are they similar in game play to 64?

I love Mario 64 D: I thought there'd be more love for it. But then again, I haven't played Galaxy or Sunshine, and I have heard that those are good. Are they similar in game play to 64?

I haven't played Galaxy yet, but I have Galaxy and Galaxy 2 (I have a big game backlog). My understanding is they're very different from 64, but Sunshine, which I've played quite a bit of (but have never completely beaten) is pretty similar to 64 in broad terms, though obviously the FLUDD is a big difference as are the aesthetics of the game. I highly recommend it if 64 is your favorite.

I haven't played Galaxy yet, but I have Galaxy and Galaxy 2 (I have a big game backlog). My understanding is they're very different from 64, but Sunshine, which I've played quite a bit of (but have never completely beaten) is pretty similar to 64 in broad terms, though obviously the FLUDD is a big difference as are the aesthetics of the game. I highly recommend it if 64 is your favorite.

I'd love to try it one day! Unfortunately, I don't have the Nintendo system for it :(

Back