• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Which is the best 3D Mario game?

Which is the best 3D Mario?

• Super Mario 64

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • Super Mario 64 DS

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Super Mario Sunshine

Votes: 33 40.2%
  • Super Mario Galaxy

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • Super Mario 3D Land

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Super Mario 3D World

Votes: 10 12.2%

• Total voters
I'd love to try it one day! Unfortunately, I don't have the Nintendo system for it :(

I'm sure the Switch will have it on virtual console once that is introduced. It is all but confirmed they will have GameCube games on the Switch via virtual console (with Super Smash Bros. Melee being one of the first titles), and I'm sure Sunshine will be one of the first few games made available.

I'm sure the Switch will have it on virtual console once that is introduced. It is all but confirmed they will have GameCube games on the Switch via virtual console (with Super Smash Bros. Melee being one of the first titles), and I'm sure Sunshine will be one of the first few games made available.

:O Really? That's awesome! ^_^ I really hope so, since I completely missed the GameCube days.

:O Really? That's awesome! ^_^ I really hope so, since I completely missed the GameCube days.

Yeah, the Switch is capable of running GameCube titles, and a virtual console version of Melee for Switch is heavily rumored to be in development, and among the most essential GameCube titles, Sunshine is another obvious choice to bring to the Switch, so I think it is all but inevitable.

Yeah, the Switch is capable of running GameCube titles, and a virtual console version of Melee for Switch is heavily rumored to be in development, and among the most essential GameCube titles, Sunshine is another obvious choice to bring to the Switch, so I think it is all but inevitable.

All I gotta do now is buy a Switch!

I'd love to try it one day! Unfortunately, I don't have the Nintendo system for it :(

If you can try Sunshine then definitely do it. It's the most fun I've ever had with a mario game (I could go on for ages about why it's so good.)

I'd love to hear you go on and on. :p What's good about it? I'm curious.

Looks beatiful first of all. The water is 10/10. FLUDD is fun to use and creates new ways to traverse the levels. Speaking of the levels? They're great. Not surreal like sm64 but they're full of life and charm, and stay distinct. There's secrets EVERYWHERE, so the whole world gives you something to do...And the controls and physics? Plays better than any mario game before and after it. Really that game is like a vacation. It's both familiar but yet brand new, and although some levels are a little janky it's really nothing compared to how SM64 had aged.

Honestly, it's the best mario game I've ever played.

Looks beatiful first of all. The water is 10/10. FLUDD is fun to use and creates new ways to traverse the levels. Speaking of the levels? They're great. Not surreal like sm64 but they're full of life and charm, and stay distinct. There's secrets EVERYWHERE, so the whole world gives you something to do...And the controls and physics? Plays better than any mario game before and after it. Really that game is like a vacation. It's both familiar but yet brand new, and although some levels are a little janky it's really nothing compared to how SM64 had aged.

Honestly, it's the best mario game I've ever played.

Sounds great! I definitely intend on playing it one day! :) Thanks for the description!

While I love Sunshine and it holds the most nostalgia for me, it's far from my favourite due to its many glaring flaws and general lack of polish

I've always been partial to the first galaxy. :)

Back