• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Which is the best 3D Mario game?

Which is the best 3D Mario?

• Super Mario 64

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • Super Mario 64 DS

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Super Mario Sunshine

Votes: 33 40.2%
  • Super Mario Galaxy

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • Super Mario 3D Land

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Super Mario 3D World

Votes: 10 12.2%

• Total voters

PizzaTotinoBoy

I am...Pizza Totino's Boy
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
It's time to settle this once and for all...Let's see what you guys think is the best 3D Mario game out there.

Also if you don't pick Sunshine I will find you

I've done my due diligence

Uhhh it's pretty obvious ^^

It's the one with the spindel :3

I went with Super Mario Galaxy, because BOTH of those games are amazing and I wish Nintendo would make a third one.

Sunshine is also near and dear to me, and I loved the game mechanics. But yeah, the Galaxy games are the very best of the 3D Mario games.

You are on a roll with good threads. I really loved Super Mario 3D World. The co-op, the challenge, graphics, and everything about it was just great. It gave a lot of laughs when trying to fight over the crown and reach the top of the flag first. Now I haven't played Super Mario Sunshine or Super Mario Galaxy 2 yet. From the gameplay and reviews I can tell those are some amazing games. I might play Super Mario Galaxy 2 over break since we own it.

Aren't Super Mario 64 and Super Mario 64 DS basically the same game?

Ugh, it's so hard to choose. Sunshine was my first 3D Mario game. I enjoyed the Galaxy games to their fullest. 3D Land is my favorite portable Mario game. I have yet to play 3D World.

Last edited:

Ugh, it's so hard to choose. Sunshine was my first 3D Mario game. I enjoyed the Galaxy games to their fullest. 3D Land is my favorite portable Mario game. I have yet to play 3D World.

I decided to put 64 DS as a separate title just because I think it's got enough differences to make it it's own thing. I mean, someone out there's gotta prefer the remake to the original, right?

Nope!

There are more Power Stars to collect, not to mention more characters in Luigi, Wario, and Yoshi. :eek:

You are on a roll with good threads. I really loved Super Mario 3D World. The co-op, the challenge, graphics, and everything about it was just great. It gave a lot of laughs when trying to fight over the crown and reach the top of the flag first. Now I haven't played Super Mario Sunshine or Super Mario Galaxy 2 yet. From the gameplay and reviews I can tell those are some amazing games. I might play Super Mario Galaxy 2 over break since we own it.

Well thank you for the compliment! Yeah, 3D World is really fun to play with friends(I love multiplayer mario, NSMB Wii is one of my favorite games to play with other people.). I do recommend you try out Galaxy 2...It's a lot different from the first to feel new and fresh yet familiar at the same time. :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sunshine 5ever!

You get a gold star. A gold shine? I don't know...Whatever you really want it to be. But whatever it is, good choice. :p

I'm surprised I wasn't the only one who picked Sunshine honestly. Maybe that game's undeserved infamy is starting to fade?

galaxy is and always will be overrated imo

OMG SAMEEEEEEEE

#therereallyshouldbeasmg3tho

Sunshine 2 is priority but I'd like to see SMG3....Maybe. I'm not sure if I'd like nintendo to keep doing the same formula over and over...I like to see them do new stuff.

- - - Post Merge - - -

galaxy is and always will be overrated imo

Honestly the second one is more overrated than the first, at least in my opinion.

Last edited:
You just did. ;)
Either that or an HD remake of Sunshine with like 30 more shines or something crazy.
Just keep the water. The water is already gorgeous enough.

Nope I guarantee they would ruin it and make it look like poop.

Back