• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Have you purchased Amiibos just for Animal Crossing: New Leaf Welcome Amiibo?

Buster Bunny

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I've purchased Isabelle (Spring Version), Digby and the kit with Cyrus, K.K. Slider and Reese.

I don't have plans for Amiibo Festival or Happy Home Designer, so I'll mostly use them for Welcome Amiibo.

I bought my amiibo cards solely for ACNL, but I do have HHD if I ever decide to use them for that too. But I've already stopped playing HHD so I don't know if I'll ever go back to it.

I purchased and traded for the amiibo cards of all my dreamie villagers, including the figurines to get the four Zelda villagers. I keep them for insurance in case one of them accidentally move out, so it will be easy to get them back, although I try to avoid it. I have no other plans for the amiibos. I'm a huge zelda fan, so it's cool to have the figurines for display purposes.

I bought my amiibo cards solely for ACNL, but I do have HHD if I ever decide to use them for that too. But I've already stopped playing HHD so I don't know if I'll ever go back to it.

What were your reasons for dropping HHD? I am a sucker for any special edition 3DS and bought one with a HHD download but, after maybe less than 2 hours of play, I wiped it down and put it back in its box and back on the shelf. Moving furniture around, especially for someone else, just bores me to tears. Am I the only one who feels that way?

Last edited:
What were your reasons for dropping HHD? I am a sucker for any special edition 3DS and bought one with a HHD download but, after maybe less than 2 hours of play, I wiped it down and put it back in its box and back on the shelf. Moving furniture around, especially for someone else, just bores me to tears. Am I the only one who feels that way?

Pretty much the same reason, except I lasted a bit longer than you before I put it away (2 weeks). I did enjoy experimenting with all the new items and different room sizes, decorating the yard, being able to centre furniture, etc. But it just wasn't rewarding enough, especially since the animals were ALWAYS satisfied with anything you did. Once you decorated a few houses, you've pretty much done all that could be done. If HHD and ACNL were merged into one game, I feel that would be perfect. But on its own, HHD just couldn't hold my attention.

Nope.

My Toon Link amiibo was bought because I wanted one. :eek:

W.Link amiibo was included in Twilight Princess HD.

Plan on buying Celeste and Rover for being my favorite Animal Crossing characters.

Pretty much the same reason, except I lasted a bit longer than you before I put it away (2 weeks). I did enjoy experimenting with all the new items and different room sizes, decorating the yard, being able to centre furniture, etc. But it just wasn't rewarding enough, especially since the animals were ALWAYS satisfied with anything you did. Once you decorated a few houses, you've pretty much done all that could be done. If HHD and ACNL were merged into one game, I feel that would be perfect. But on its own, HHD just couldn't hold my attention.

Sounds familiar. I intentionally made up a disaster of clashing garbage and it got raves and comments about my talent. PAH!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I went off on a tangent and didn't answer the original question. Yes.

At first, no. I got the Wolf Amiibo from the Twilight Princess bundle way before the update came out. Just my luck, it invites a cute wolf villager. I've since bought a bunch of cards, Celeste, Timmy and Tommy, Isabelle, the K. K. Slider 3pk, Mable, Felyne, and Tom Nook Amiibos mostly for ACNL but I do use the cards on HHD sometimes

I only purchase the ones that I think I'm going to use at the moment or in the future and yes, most of my amiibo are from Animal Crossing and Zelda.

Sort of. I avoided amiibos entirely until I was randomly shown a clip for HHD I'd not seen before last year, about 1-2 weeks before the WA update was announced. I was already determined to get all the figures - largely due to the massive discounts on all amiibo things at the time - and the update news just cemented that resolve.

I don't think I fully decided to get all the cards until the WA update was announced. Even if I'd decided to prior, I doubt I'd have gone through with it without the WA motivation, just too many cards and soooooo much hassle trying to complete each series.

I think I've used a couple cards and amiibo in HHD but I've not touched that game in months. I have Amiibo Festival and plan on playing it at some point. I'm aware of it's limitations but some things like the linked houses from HHD (where the house you've designed for a villager in HHD can appear in AF) sound like something I'll enjoy.

I do use everything for ACNL WA though, so I think I've gotten a lot of value out of owning them.

I have all 16 figures for Animal Crossing. I put it off for a long time, because I felt like it might be a waste of money. Well, then about a month ago I changed my mind because I love Animal Crossing, and who knows how long they will be around? They are cute little figures anyways, so I started buying them until I finished my collection.

I'm also in the process of collecting the cards.

Yes. At first I wasn't sure but eventually I decided I wanted the option to use the cards to bring in villagers and to get some of the new furniture from RV's. I got a deal from Nintendo so I got the code reader, Blathers and Celeste and the Sanrio cards all for a good price.

my sister bought W.Link for AC:NL and decoration for her room. neither of us had him in our villages for very long

I purchased all the amiibos figures/ cards, WiiU game and HHD for my AC collection.
When I did play HHD I rarely used one of the cards. Most of the time I picked one of the clients outside. The part about HHD that I liked was getting to decorate a house for a villager that moved out of one of my towns. I lost Muffy due to a bridge problem.

In ACNL I've only used the Welcome Amiibo and Sanrio cards. The rest are in special boxes to keep them in good condition.
I do plan on using them one day to make an mice and hamster town. I do have a lot of doubles and use them for the ACNL mini games.

I purchased all the amiibo figures, the Sanrio set from Japan, the complete Welcome Amiibo set and most of the villager cards I wanted from The Amiibo card series. Well except for the ridiculously expensive cards like Merengue, Ankha and so on.

I did: I currently have Kapp'n, Celeste and Mabel. I only bought one of them (Mabel), though, as they were discounted to only ?5. :blush: I got the other two in December for Sinterklaas, a Dutch holiday similar to Christmas.
I'm considering buying the Amiibo Festival bundle, too - just for the two amiibos and cards. I don't even have a Wii U. :p It's only ?10 now, so that's a pretty good deal. I'm still not sure if I should go for it though.

Sure have! Mainly the cards, but also got the following figures (mostly on sale):

Mabel
Celeste
Fall/Winter Isabelle
Reese/Cyrus/KK Slider
Inkling Boy
Link

Probably the only amiibo I would buy at this point that wouldn't be for use in ACNL would be Yoshi.

I mainly collect the animal crossing amiibo since they were cheap and cute. But I do buy other amiibos as long as I can use them in some of my games.

I didn't have any intention of getting the amiibos because it just seemed like money wasted, but my brother bought me Tom Nook for my birthday and I gained interest. I got most of them because they started going on sale, and now I won't buy them at full price. The cards, I originally got for HHD because I wanted to design the NPC's homes, and I figured I'd get my favourite villagers too while I'm at it. And then I never wanted to trade away my cute ones. And I was blessed to not get very many doubles for a while. And then I wanted all the NPCs and unique characters, even if I didn't need them. So, time's passed and money spent, and I have more than half of them at this point while I still have more that I want. D':

I really hope these will be compatible for the next Animal Crossing game to come out.

Back