that feeling when you feel stuck and your friends are progressing

not relateable i dont have any friends Ha Ha Ha

but srsly Ye i feel like im fallinh behind everyone else but idk what to do about it. it's not like that's the only way im Worse than other ppl so i dont rly worry too much about doing a bunch of stuff and progressing in life lmao

I definitely understand how you're feeling, especially when it comes to jobs and school. I have friends going to college, getting their dream jobs and everything else. I'd love to go to college and I'd love to get a job (severe social anxiety makes that basically impossible, though). Seeing the people I talk to so successful doesn't make me angry, it makes me envy what they have going for them. It makes me wish I would have tried harder or done something more.

However, I'm still happy for them. They're doing what they are. They're following their dreams and I think that's awesome. What you're feeling is natural, it's what most people feel (that's what I'm gathering by skimming the first page of this thread) that are in your position. There's nothing wrong with figuring yourself out and questioning what it is you want to do in life. It's natural. People move at different paces.

As long as you're trying to move toward something, you're doing great. And if the depression gets in the way, you should set small goals for yourself. Nothing huge, but big enough that you feel like you've done something at the end of the day. It could be Googling things that you potentially want to do, searching colleges or jobs, etc.

you guys know what im talking about? two of my friends got their dream jobs, some got into relationships that seem like they would last long, one went abroad to further studies. and the rest just seem like they already have a solid plan for their future. As their friend im happy for them but im unhappy at the same time. I just feel like im not progressing in life at all. im still trying to figure out what i wanna do. just feel so lousy inside like im being left behind and alone. And as a person who suffers from mild depression im not taking this very well. Anyone going through this or went through it?
I'm in the same situation, I can't seem to get a job, not even a bad one, nothing at all.

Back