• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Fishing help!

sej

Orange 🍊
Lychee 🍇
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5453-2712-0039
Orange Candy
Blue Candy
森
Purple Candy
Red Candy
So I have been looking for a char, for about an hour now, and I have no idea where it is! I've searched it up and apparently they are at waterfalls, but what does that mean?

Thank you! ❤️

Last edited:
You need to search around the waterfall. They're the same size as black bass.

You need to search around the waterfall. They're the same size as black bass.

This. I catch them at both the main waterfall that flows into the river and also the one one that flows into the ocean. Of the two, the river is usually the easiest although depending on your beach + ramp + bridge setup, the ocean one can be easier because it's more obvious when a fish is there.

Most Char I've caught were not immediately visible. I cast into the water just before it drops off into the ocean and listen for the bite. At that time, the tail may be the only visible part of the fish. There have also been times when they look like any Black Bass sized silhouette. Hang in there, persistence will eventually pay off.

I've been having trouble catching a char, too. I remember when I played 3 years ago that I also had a problem getting my museum char. :confused:

the easiest way to get one is to chuck your bobber right at the top of your river, let it flow down, and if nothing bites go into a building then come back and repeat?

I got it! Finally aha, thank you all :)

Congratulations! Chars are the worst, imo. I always have a worse time with them than I do with coelacanths!

I need some more help! This time it's for a Arowana, help please? :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Congratulations! Chars are the worst, imo. I always have a worse time with them than I do with coelacanths!

Thank you! Ikr! I got a coelacanth within 30 minutes aha

I need some more help! This time it's for a Arowana, help please? :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thank you! Ikr! I got a coelacanth within 30 minutes aha

I didn't have to go looking for an arowana specifically, just caught one randomly in the river. It has a large shadow in ACNL, which makes it easier to spot. Make sure you're in the right season (June to September) and time of day (4pm to 9am)!

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Arowana

If you're still not having any luck fishing nomally then follow carp's suggestion from above : go inside a building, come out, and try again. I also like to scare away the "wrong" fish if I'm sick of catching everything, in the hopes that the one I want spawns sooner. I either lure it with the fishing rod then pull it away before the fish can bite, or hit the water with my net. I think this helps, but it mostly it just feels satisfying lol.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I have finally got an arowana! :D
But now, it is the one that I was DREADING....the salmon and the king salmon!!
Any help please? :) I'm only 4 away from completing my fish encyclopaedia! :D

Last edited:
Back