• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How the???

MarcelTheFool

Likes weird villagers
Bells
Tasty Cake
O-o idk anything about flower breedimg, but i was trying to get black roses finished watering them and the red ones I TT'd and there was a purple rose? How did I do that? Ive never had purple roses

well normally you would get purple roses from white ones, but I suppose it's possible to get them from black and red ones also

You know what else is weird? I was trying to breed more orange roses from the ones I already had and they made a blue one.

That is odd. Are you sure a villager didn't plant it there? They'll plant similar flowers together.

I;m not sure??? I think i only had my red roses the only white ones were down by marcies house maybe they did? i didnt have the beauty ordinance yet so its possible the other flowers died????

I;m not sure??? I think i only had my red roses the only white ones were down by marcies house maybe they did? i didnt have the beauty ordinance yet so its possible the other flowers died????

if there were white ones nearby, the crossbreed is uncommon

That is odd. Are you sure a villager didn't plant it there? They'll plant similar flowers together.

This ia the most likely explanation in my experience. I always run straight to the hybrid-breeding flowers I have that I watered + fertilised the in-game day before when loading a new day - and still, sometimes I see a sneaky villager "helping" by planting a random plain coloured flower in that patch. If in doubt about whether the flower grew overnight or was planted, I either isolate it and see what grows after watering + fertilising, or just plop it in with the normal flowers in their patch.

Villagers don't plant hybrids, they just plant regular flowers.

It usually depends on the "parent flowers".

Let's say, you had a patch of white and red roses and this patch would breed more of those colors. So you would take some of the red roses and place some of them somewhere else. Then you get a purple rose. Why? Because the red roses bear a small trace of their red and white parents.

Villagers don't plant hybrids, they just plant regular flowers.

It usually depends on the "parent flowers".

Let's say, you had a patch of white and red roses and this patch would breed more of those colors. So you would take some of the red roses and place some of them somewhere else. Then you get a purple rose. Why? Because the red roses bear a small trace of their red and white parents.

OH OK then yeah that's what happened. Those red roses where all hybrids from other red and white roses. Thank you!

Back