• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

That cool Villager you hate but other people like.

PacV

Vasea Mayor, Zenda Islander and Borelia Villager.
Apple 🍎
Mango 🥭
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Hey there!
A few weeks ago i made a Thread about that ugliest villager nobody like but you like, now... It's turn for that Villagers other like but you hate or well... The famous Popular Villagers.

I think some good examples are: Marshal, Merengue, Stitches, Diana or Julian.

Of course i miss some and i'm talking about Welcome Amiibo Villagers too like: Dobie, Ketchup or the Sanrio Villagers.

What do you say? I want to know your opinion.

Last edited:
Not sure...

Does Vivian count? Not sure what her appeal is...

Julian is meh to me he looks to plain tbh the only reason i like marshal is because squirrel, and smug is my fave personality: but I dont really like julian hes just sorta there, and is in everyones town pretty much.

Last edited:
Not sure...

Does Vivian count? Not sure what her appeal is...

I don't know why i forget Vivian. But yes, she's in this list.

I don't hate Julian, but I'm not crazy for him. He's just there. I had him in my town once, and I just couldn't bond to him.

I'm not crazy for villagers with overly cute designs. Villagers like Cookie, Chevre and Etoile, for example. I don't hate any of them, though, and I can definitely see why other people love them!

Julian. I get that people like him cuz he's a unicorn, but I think he's really ugly.. They could've done a better unicorn design. :(

I don't hate Marshal, but don't understand why is he so popular.

Likewise! I don't hate him either, it's just seems like everyone has him in their town. I don't think I've visited a DA that doesn't have Marshal or Diana living in their town lol.

Hm.. I guess it has to be Julian. So many fans over him, but I don't see why.

It's not so much a dislike as a "I don't get what the fuss is about", and that is Stitches. All his bright-yet-clashing colors make my eyes hurt, his XX eyes weird me out (too many cartoons I've seen use those kinds of eyes to symbolize "dead"), and I just don't get the deal with him. Yeah, I guess he's cute, but he just isn't that special to me. It's the same with Merengue, the cat-with-a-head-that's-an-orange, Marina, Ankha (already got her once as a random move-in, she was meh), Marshal; a lot of the really popular villagers, in fact.
It's not that I'd run them out of town if I randomly got them, but I'm not going to worry about or work for getting them either. To me, they're just pretty meh.

I dont hate of these villagers, I'm just not a fan of theirs. Pietro, Muffy and Julian.

I don't get Marshall's appeal, like he's just kind of plain looking IMO. Like sure he's angry, but you know who is angry and 100% cuter? ROSCOE

Likewise! I don't hate him either, it's just seems like everyone has him in their town. I don't think I've visited a DA that doesn't have Marshal or Diana living in their town lol.
I've never had any of those 2, lol.
Btw I just remembered Pietro seems to be really popular, and people seem to either love or hate him. I'm​ from the second group. He looks creepy to me.

Last edited:
i don't dislike Marshal, he's currently in my town. i wanted to see if he appealed to me more but he doesn't, i'm going to get rid of him when i can

Sanrio villagers like Etoile and Chai, especially the latter. I love the elephant species but I feel her design is over the top. It looks awkward and very unrealistic seeing her walking outside always with a cup on her head.

I'm sure this will get a reaction, cause I've seen how popular Kyle seems to be, but I have him in my town, and I don't hate him, but I am not fond of him, either. I doubt I will try to get him out...Colton is next on the list for that! Sometimes Kyle is almost likeable. Maybe it depends on the mood I am in! ;)

I'm sure this will get a reaction, cause I've seen how popular Kyle seems to be, but I have him in my town, and I don't hate him, but I am not fond of him, either. I doubt I will try to get him out...Colton is next on the list for that! Sometimes Kyle is almost likeable. Maybe it depends on the mood I am in! ;)

Agreed on Kyle but I guess all the wolves are just popular.

Agreed on Kyle but I guess all the wolves are just popular.

Yes, it seems so, despite what personality they are! But I have Fang, who is a cranky, and I love crankies! Fang is one of my absolute favs!

Back