Villager Help

Chicha

She’s like warm days, sunshine, honey & love.
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
1640-7966-6110
Yellow Rose
Yellow Rose
Yellow Pansy
Star Glow Wand
Star Glow Wand
Yellow Pansy
Yellow Pansy
Yellow Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
I have Marina's house in a somewhat crappy spot. Is it possible to move her out, and then adopt her from another person via amiibo cards or do I have to have her amiibo card myself?

I really want her house next to Zucker's but I don't want to move her out if I can't get her back. It's not a deal-breaker but I think her house would be adorable next to Zucker's so I can decorate accordingly.

Thanks to anyone who can help. :)

I think you still have to do the 16-villager cycle when adopting her from another person whereas if you have the card, you could just move her back instantly :)

I think you still have to do the 16-villager cycle when adopting her from another person whereas if you have the card, you could just move her back instantly :)

But what if the other person has their amiibo card? Will that bypass the 16 villager cycle then? I don't have hers yet so that's why I'm asking before I do it. =v=

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think you have to void her first before you invite a new one

I was thinking of adopting another villager after moving her out and then try to adopt her. But will it work if it's someone else who scans in their amiibo card?

But what if the other person has their amiibo card? Will that bypass the 16 villager cycle then? I don't have hers yet so that's why I'm asking before I do it. =v=

- - - Post Merge - - -

I was thinking of adopting another villager after moving her out and then try to adopt her. But will it work if it's someone else who scans in their amiibo card?

My best guess is no. Using a card/compatible figure forces the move-in, overriding the normal 16 villager cycle requirement. I don't know for sure what would happen if you tried to ask her to move in from someone else's town before you've gone through that cycle but I can't see how it would succeed.

I may be wrong, and I'm not in a position to test this myself. Maybe someone who is, or has already tried, will see this and let you know for sure.

Only scanning her in yourself can bypass the 16 villager cycle. If you don't have her card, you'll unfortunately have to do the cycle, but apparently if you just scan 2 different cards over and over 16 times, that will work to make the process quicker :)

My best guess is no. Using a card/compatible figure forces the move-in, overriding the normal 16 villager cycle requirement. I don't know for sure what would happen if you tried to ask her to move in from someone else's town before you've gone through that cycle but I can't see how it would succeed.

I may be wrong, and I'm not in a position to test this myself. Maybe someone who is, or has already tried, will see this and let you know for sure.

Very true! I think I'll let her stay in my town the way it is right now. I settled on her house being in an okay-ish place since it was before the update was announced. I should try to get her amiibo card but literally nowhere has been seeing welcome amiibo cards anymore. :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

Only scanning her in yourself can bypass the 16 villager cycle. If you don't have her card, you'll unfortunately have to do the cycle, but apparently if you just scan 2 different cards over and over 16 times, that will work to make the process quicker :)

Ah okay, thank you for the answer! I'll definitely have to track down her amiibo card then. ;v;

Thanks all! <3

Back