Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
3015-9823-3713
Spring Sakura
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Hellos!

I've been moving in some new amiibo villagers in and I've run into some trouble that is literally ruining my town...

I've left a 3x3 space open with even room for the door, but every time I start a new character they stay in their old spot... Is there some rule like if there's less paths around one it will favour less over more? Or am I just unlucky and need to keep trying?

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks ^-^

The villager you used to kick one out will usually favour the original spot. However, as long as the 3x3 space you provided is a valid spot, they will eventually change spots. You just might need a lot of patience. Make sure all other spots are blocked off so it is the only other spot the villager can take besides the original spot. Block off the old spot completely so the plot can't move even one space back, forward, left, or right. I have done this 6 times already, and 5 out of 6 times, I only had to load a new character once and they were already in the right spot. The 1 time it wasn't, I just had to plot reset for an hour before it finally moved.

The villager you used to kick one out will usually favour the original spot. However, as long as the 3x3 space you provided is a valid spot, they will eventually change spots. You just might need a lot of patience. Make sure all other spots are blocked off so it is the only other spot the villager can take besides the original spot. Block off the old spot completely so the plot can't move even one space back, forward, left, or right. I have done this 6 times already, and 5 out of 6 times, I only had to load a new character once and they were already in the right spot. The 1 time it wasn't, I just had to plot reset for an hour before it finally moved.

Ah ok, tysm ^-^

I'll keep trying and if I give up I'll just super seal off the old spot and make the new one have slightly less paths.

Thank you again for the information. It's given me the confidence to keep trying!!!

Back