Eggs
Old Eggs
Orange (Fruit)
Small Mailbox
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Cake
Pear (Fruit)
Hi again!
If you cant tell, my town name is Nihon, Japanese for.. well... Japan.
Due to this I am currently making a Japanese themed town.
So far I have a bunch of zen pwps in my town, but I need more ideas.
I would like to know what flowers would work well with a japanese theme, as well as more public work projects.
Thanks everybody!

EDIT: I now need help with house ideas!
Heres my rough plan:
Lime - Mayor. Represents Modern Day Japan.
Yuuri - Owner of the hot spring area. Represents the start of japan.
Garnet: ????
Aratani - Playground area manager. Represents Japans youth.

Last edited:
the 'streetlamp', 'rice rack' pwps would b rad

in terms of flowers, quite minimal flowers were in japan when i went, but lilies, carnations and jacob's ladders would fit the types of flowers that are in japan

I feel like pink and white flowers, and clovers would b very cute
light brick paths maybe? or natural clover paths

I'd go with a modern cherry blossom theme. As fitting as a zen theme would be, I feel like it's overused. But hey, that's just me

As one who has completed a Zen project, having farmed the living daylights out of my two crankies, if you're going for a zen theme, I would say plant bamboo, and let that stuff spread like wildfire. As for paths, I found a wooden zen path set a friend of mine sent me. It blends beautifully with the wooden bridges. I used it in my town. If you need ideas for how to do it, I'd be more than happy to give you my DA.

I'd second using jacob's ladders as your main flowers. They're pretty but not too overbearing and I think they fit the zen look you're going for. I also agree bamboo can become your BFF for your town. I think using holly bushes would also fit the minimal zen look. Red is an important color to Japan so I think using red bushes and flowers can also make it look good. As for PWPs, I recommend using face standees to give it a personal touch. The hot spring would look pretty as well!

Lastly, I'd definitely focus on your house(s) to be Japan inspired to represent different time periods throughout Japan's history & culture. Good luck on your town! :)

Thanks everybody for your ideas! Right now I am going for a mixture of cherry blossom and zen, which is working okay. I will be sure to take all of your advice into account. Thanks again! <3

Back