• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's a song you absolutely loathe?

This is less of a specific song, and more a pop music trend, is when a pop music artist does something terrible and people decide to just pretend it never happened and keep making them famous so I end up having to hear the songs of terrible people all over the place, like Chris Brown for example.

I don't listen to pop music but I can bear with it, if needed. But I can't stand any song by Nickleback. I've learned to despise the band's music even though the songs are catchy and Chad Kroeger's vocals aren't bad. >.< It's all because their talent is mediocore or slightly existent xD

Yeah, Nickelback and that kind of music is just.. no thanks.

and yeah basically all the late 90s-00s visual kei jrock stuff that i blasted to death in my teens like ew no.

Another song I strongly disliked a while back was Hello by Martin Solveig and Dragonette. Omg, just no. I found the vocals really annoying and irritating. My mom LOVED that song and would always play it in the car and it would frustrate me so much ;-;

there's this song called "amie" (i looked it up and it's apparently by pure prairie league) that's on the radio a lot. it's less the way the song sounds and more its associations that make me hate it so much.

first of all, in the song, "amie" is pronounced like "aimee," which is my name. it's a little unsettling to hear some ugly generic 70's classic rock singer voice say my name. also, when i hear it on the radio, it's usually in my dad's car. with my dad. whose guts i hate. and i get paranoid about him like. associating the song with me. especially when his own old ugly voice sings along with it.

it's probably a stupid reason. i'm sorry about that.

also, not to be all "not like other girls" but i really don't like a lot of the pop music that's been being released? it feels really cliched and the singers don't really bother to deviate themselves. but i don't really listen to new music anyway. i literally just listen to bad vocaloid music so my opinion on pop music can't really be trusted haha

Last edited:
Just any reggae in general. Can't really deal with it dunno why. :c

Bob Marley: “Don’t worry... be happy!”

*Bob Marley gets hit with a frying pan*

“Ow, what the heck, mahn?! I was encouraging you to not worry and be happy!”

Last edited:
They play the radio at work and there's a handful of songs I'm guaranteed to hear every day (sometimes more than once) and there's a special hate in my heart for all of them but the two that immediately come to mind as ones I truly can't stand are "Jack and Diane" by John Mellencamp and that stupid "go Josie go she drinks Manhattans and wears gentleman's clothes" song oh my god I despise them both.

All the songs from Moana. I liked them, and then I had to sing them for chorus class. I hate that I know all the lyrics to “We know the way”

Ugh I just got reminded of more songs I dislike. Basically any songs from MKTO or Hot Chelle Rae, they're just so screechy and annoying.

Also pretty much everything soundcloud rap, why do people even like that trash.

unpopular opinion: most kpop sounds the hecking same you either love it or loathe it. guy groups have similar vibes and girl groups are almost identical
I don't care if you like it or not, its not personal, but I cant stand it ;v;

Yeah K-pop obviously too.

And that "All of Me" song by John Legend.. so damn cheesy and dumb I wanna puke whenever I hear it.

unpopular opinion: most kpop sounds the hecking same you either love it or loathe it. guy groups have similar vibes and girl groups are almost identical
I don't care if you like it or not, its not personal, but I cant stand it ;v;

tbh, i used to like kpop but now hearing most of it irritates me, it doesn't help that mum likes to listen to a kpop playlist with the same songs in the same order nearly once a day. :/

Back