• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Telltale's The Walking Dead [May Contain Spoilers]

forestyne

Finally Left.
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
October Birthstone (Opal)
Flea
The Walking Dead: A New Frontier episode 5 comes out
30/05/2017

Is anyone else a huge fan of this game? For me, its the only genuinely good TWD game, even though it doesn't even follow the TV's storyline! What are your thoughts on the last two seasons and the new season? Has it lived up to your expectations? Personally I'm loving it and I can't wait to see what the next episode has to offer!

You can talk about any of the previous seasons here, but please use spoiler tags if any of it contains a spoiler!

This is a spoiler, make sure there are no spaces between the brackets! [/spoiler ]

Last edited:
Season 1 - This was a really good season, probably my favourite. I loved how some choices actually mattered to some extent and the characters seemed more real.
400 days - Even though it was very short, I enjoyed the stories! Mainly because of the introduction of new characters without seeming too forced. I also liked how they were all connected (Seeing Shel and Becca when playing as Vince for example).
Season 2 - I loved some of it, and hated other parts. Characters were killed off for no reason just because they were determinant (Sarah, Alvin, Nick) and for plot reasons (Luke). Also, choices seemed to matter a lot less. They didn't really do anything with the 400 days characters other than Bonnie, and the betrayal was pretty stupid. I liked the endings, though. Kenny returning was awesome, but realistically he would've died. Also, WHAT HAPPENED TO CHRISTA???
While being an ok introduction, it was way too short. Splitting it into two parts was a joke! Mari dying was a waste of an interesting character for shock value / setup. Season 2 ending doesn't matter, which sucks. I am a fan of Javi, Kate, Tripp, Max and Eleanor but the rest are annoying. Hopefully they'll finally reveal what happened to some characters that disappeared. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens, but I might wait to buy any future sequels since it seems like it'll be a little too linear for my liking.

Well, the first two seasons were really great, I'm not feeling the storyline of season 3. I like the new characters and all, but I'm just not invested in anything and it'll all end the same anyway. I really want the overall story to progress and surprise me, and maybe even end someday. I know that The Walking Dead is like an ongoing neverending series on all mediums, but playing a game with no real conclusion becomes more and more tedious tbh. I feel like I just want to get somewhere with the story.

Season 1 - This was a really good season, probably my favourite. I loved how some choices actually mattered to some extent and the characters seemed more real.
400 days - Even though it was very short, I enjoyed the stories! Mainly because of the introduction of new characters without seeming too forced. I also liked how they were all connected (Seeing Shel and Becca when playing as Vince for example).
Season 2 - I loved some of it, and hated other parts. Characters were killed off for no reason just because they were determinant (Sarah, Alvin, Nick) and for plot reasons (Luke). Also, choices seemed to matter a lot less. They didn't really do anything with the 400 days characters other than Bonnie, and the betrayal was pretty stupid. I liked the endings, though. Kenny returning was awesome, but realistically he would've died. Also, WHAT HAPPENED TO CHRISTA???
While being an ok introduction, it was way too short. Splitting it into two parts was a joke! Mari dying was a waste of an interesting character for shock value / setup. Season 2 ending doesn't matter, which sucks. I am a fan of Javi, Kate, Tripp, Max and Eleanor but the rest are annoying. Hopefully they'll finally reveal what happened to some characters that disappeared. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens, but I might wait to buy any future sequels since it seems like it'll be a little too linear for my liking.

I COULDN'T BELIEVE LUKE DIED. Imo he was the only one who truly cared about Clementine the entire season and I felt like it was such a waste of a good character to kill him off. I understand they've got to get new characters in by killing old ones off, but still... And about Christa.... I think her 'disappearance' was to do a Kenny-style entry this season. Just a theory ;) I hated Bonnie, I actually didn't break the ice in episode 5 just so that she would die.
I thought Jane's death scene was really sad. I guess it determines who dies in one of Clementine's flashbacks. Also, if you choose to go alone with AJ, Clem loses her finger. Those are the only examples of choices mattering in the entire game lmao.

Last edited:
I loved season 1 and started out kinda liking season 2, but episodes 4 and 5 utterly ruined it for me. I feel like TTG is redeeming themselves with ANF. A lot of people have been complaining about it, but I think it's a step up from season 2, and the new episode is a lot stronger.

This game was the first game to make me weep in a long time, I played it with my sister and we both bawled.
I really gotta replay soon!

I love the games, but what really peeves me about them is that hardly any of your choices matter in the long run (well, except for the injuries that clementine sustains depending on your Season 2 ending) on what happened in the previous seasons. Clementine in season 2 had some dialoge changes depending on what Lee's fate was in season 1, but in season 3 theres hardly been any noticable changes to clementine's character.

I like the new characters in season 3, but I would have much prefered a storyline revolved around Clementine again. Also, spoiler...
Mariana's death was shocking but stupid, huge wasted potential. I would much rather had the option of choosing to go find Javi's family with Tripp or Eleanor determine whether Gabe or Mariana died.

Btw, I have a funny feeling that telltale will do the same thing it did with Kenny and Jane and make us choose to keep Clementine or Gabe alive, or maybe even between Clementine and David.

Dead weights. Dead weights everywhere.

Seriously, Clementine can't be the only kid who knows what she's doing...

Clementine = badass. That is all i have to say.

basically i love clem and if she dies then i won't play any more
i thought this season was the strongest however i feel like since it was the first one they took it a lot slower , probably bc they had time to be thoughtful without any background and had to develop things?? but really enjoyed it. i miss lee.
honestly most of the characters in this one annoyed me??? i thought the story was decent and clementine had come so far from season one. was still engaged in the game but didn't think it was as elegant as the first season
i'm enjoying it so far! i think javi is a great character but i don't care much for his brother and the new frontier. some parts i did not expect, such as mariana getting killed so soon and the circumstances at which she did, which seemed like a waste imo. loved seeing jesus lmao!! i wasn't a huge fan of the where ep 3 left off so hope the storyline moves on from that and gets more interesting, though looking forward to what's in store

I'm not sure why there's all of that hate towards Jane (season 2), i mean, i honestly think she would've been a great role-model for Clem's badass character. She was a great survivor and if Clem could've gotten closer to her, maybe it would help her in future episodes/because you can never go wrong with knowing karate (lol) And for the beginning of Season 3 when they either showed how Kenny or her died, i don't think everyone should actually get mad at Jane for killing herself and leaving two children alone, for no reason. I think we should all blame Telltale. I mean, both her and Kenny's deaths seemed very hurried and just downright lazy. KENNY. DIED IN A ****ING CAR CRASH?! AND JANE?!I thought both of them had very good potential and could be good parental figures for clem and A.J (especially Kenny) Also, not to mention, they both looked horrible comparing them so S2 Lol.

Versatility is not overrated ;) -Jane

Hoo boy, depending on what you did to a certain character you're in for quite the surprise next episode.

Episode 4 comes out tomorrow

I JUST WANNA FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS TO AJ

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier episode 5 comes out May 30th.

Let's all prepare for doomsday. The lead writer has already said the final choice will be one that really makes you time-out rage.

I loved season 1 and started out kinda liking season 2, but episodes 4 and 5 utterly ruined it for me. I feel like TTG is redeeming themselves with ANF. A lot of people have been complaining about it, but I think it's a step up from season 2, and the new episode is a lot stronger.

I was really miffed when they killed off Luke. He was probably the only character from the cabin that actually cared about Clementine. I was also really angry at Mike and (variably) Bonnie running off with the Russian boy (can't remember his name, but I despised him after shooting Clem.

I do hope that season 3 ends phenomenally, it's been looking great so far...

- - - Post Merge - - -

ELEANOR
ELEANOR
ELEANOR

Back