Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
3397-5855-5298
New Horizons Token
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Winter Mittens
Hi there!

Ive been playing NL for over a year now, and my plaza tree has 3 clusters of leaves.
When i search online it says that after 100 days/100 hours it should have more clusters..

To progress the tree, do you need to play over 100 days and 100 hours?
Or whats the combination to do?

Yes, there is. When you first turn on your DS, you see the page of icons. The one with the green bars is called the Activity Log. Click on that and you will see an icon with a book called Software Library. Click on that, then on that page click on the white Nintendo Leaf with the green background. That will tell you your play time hours and how many times you have played (not the number of days, though).

You can also Google a question about the ACNL town tree. There are some sites that will give you pictures of the tree at different stages of play. I personally could never figure out my hours and days by that, but it gives you some idea.:)

Spoiler: If you have had to have your DS replaced, which I did, this may not be accurate, because Activity Log does not always transfer with the rest of the data. Mine didn't. :(

Time travel also seems to have an accelerated effect on the tree's growth. I just started playing again 2 months ago, and I would travel back and forth a lot between days on Saturday nights and on Thursdays when Redd visits in order to speed up my music collection and art exhibit. My tree appears to already be at the 100/100 stage for the last several weeks, though I can't be sure until the leaves finish growing back

Last edited:
Hmm.. ok.. just. Checked my activity log.. and ive been playing acnl for over +100 days and well over +200 hours...and my tree is still at the 3cluster of leaves stage..... :(

Time travel also seems to have an accelerated effect on the tree's growth. I just started playing again 2 months ago, and I would travel back and forth a lot between days on Saturday nights and on Thursdays when Redd visits in order to speed up my music collection and art exhibit. My tree appears to already be at the 100/100 stage for the last several weeks, though I can't be sure until the leaves finish growing back
Time traveling does effect it, Ive been playing two days irl and my trees rather large now. Not fully grown however

Hmm.. ok.. just. Checked my activity log.. and ive been playing acnl for over +100 days and well over +200 hours...and my tree is still at the 3cluster of leaves stage..... :(

What month are you in right now? After a certain point of growth the leaves fall off by winter and don't finish growing back until after the cherry blossom festival in early April. Mine appears to have only 3 clusters but there's also a bare branch visible

Would that be it?

I keep this copy current to the date, so would that be it bevause of winter??
I do see a bare branch as well.

the tree will currently not have all of it's leaves, they come on april 6th, i believe.

Would that be it?

I keep this copy current to the date, so would that be it bevause of winter??
I do see a bare branch as well.

Yeah, during winter they fall off and it takes a while for them to grow back. Later in spring it should be fuller once the leaves grow back. =]

Back