What instantly ruins your mood?

i'm really conscious about what i eat so when i eat something gross out of nowhere (chips, chocolate, etc) it ruins my mood instantly and i don't want to eat anything for the rest of the day

Rain and cold weather in general. It completely drains my energy.

People who **** up basic grammar. I get really, irrationally angry at grammar mistakes. Especially if others say it's not even worth bringing up and/or refuse to correct themselves. I'm unapologetically a grammar nazi, and I've always been...

Also appointments and deadlines in general. I'm very lazy. But I can still be productive and get **** done if I'm allowed to go at my own pace. But just knowing that at any point during the day I have to be at a certain place at a certain hour... aaahhhh it completely ruins the rest of my day. I'm gonna have to start scheduling my driving lessons soon and it's gonna be a nightmare. Just thinking about it makes me want to scream at everyone.

Last edited:
I get mad easily, but that normally doesn't ever last for more than a few moments.

I think people being awful to others about someone's insecurities always just brings my mood down to zero. Saw a girl calling another girl's forehead ugly as hell just yesterday even though she knows the girl tries her best to cover it and doesn't like it either. Something about those kinds of things always just break good days into bad days for me.

Oh no. Well

1. My dad
2. Being accused of something I didn't do
3. People leaving a mess that I need to clean that would literally take them two seconds to clean themselves
4. Loud TVs
5. People talking while eating/eating with their mouth open
6. Selfish people

Probably tons more. It's actually very easy to make me angry or irritable if you press the right buttons.

When I'm talking to someone and they seem nice but then they say some racist/homophobic/transphobic stuff and. Suddenly uncomfortable, zoinks

Getting misgendered, hearing people say there are only two genders, really anything that makes me insecure as a nonbinary person. :(

People joking about rape or suicide. I've been sexually abused. I've been on the verge of suicide. If someone jokes about them I immediately want to run away. I had to study a poem with an explicit rape scene when I was 16-17 and I would deliberately skip class to avoid having to face it. My teacher didn't care that it was traumatic for me.

Even if someone close to me jokes about these things I can't just get over it.

People joking about rape or suicide. I've been sexually abused. I've been on the verge of suicide. If someone jokes about them I immediately want to run away. I had to study a poem with an explicit rape scene when I was 16-17 and I would deliberately skip class to avoid having to face it. My teacher didn't care that it was traumatic for me.

Those bleach jokes I see on youtube all the time make me annoyed. Why joke about that?

and for my mood ruiner:

a bad grade D:

Last edited:
people who discriminate against oppressed groups and people who make others miserable in general.
realizing how easily i can be forgotten.
remembering all the memories i've repressed throughout the years.
not being able to exit my house alone due to my crippling fear of being kidnapped/murdered/hurt/ talked to by someone.
a beloved plant/animal i know and love dying (i dont have much experience with a human death)
being reminded of how fragile my social life is.
being reminded of how easily i could lose happiness.
being reminded that after summer break i have to go back to school.

now that i look over this list, it's pretty depressing. i mean, what would one expect when this thread is about what brings you down?

im a single child so i have single child syndrome - aka if i don't get my way it instantly puts me in a bad mood. i know that makes me sound like a spoiled brat but i had the best mom growing up, so if i get bad news about something i wanted its just a big bummer.

If something/someone interrupts me while I'm listening to music (I get instantly frustrated).

Seeing a group of people having a good time, like damn, I wish I had friends.

Talking to anyone I don't know, I get panicked which leads to me stuttering and it haunts me for the entire rest of the day.

Being in a very crowded area, even when at the grocery store I have to make a trip to the restroom to cool down and have a quick moment to myself.

Just being outside in general, I can be the happiest person in the world when I'm indoors by myself but once I step outside I instantly feel like a walking pile of trash.

My reflection. Any time I get in trouble for something. Seeing things that make me jealous. Noticing that I'm jealous. Remembering regrettable things I've done. Remembering all of the things I dislike myself. Usually the sound of other people. The fact that everybody is so judgemental and I can't openly be weird or share my opinion without immediately being told that I'm crazy, or a bigot, or an ass. And the faces people make at me when I do/say something they don't like. A facial expression is just as bad as telling me, because I can literally see the dissatisfaction. It goes on and on. I can be a really bitter person since many of the things I dislike are the things I face on a daily basis. People, and life in general, are pretty awful imo. Myself included. I dislike myself greatly. I'm pretty sensitive I guess. Oh well.

My dad because he's never satisfied with what I do to try get a life, and then he expects me to come and see him whenever he calls. Like no, you go through everything I did.. then come back and change your attitude.

Whenever I see like random dad memes and **** I just wanna cuss out loud.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wow o_o.. Had no idea... I'm sorry you had to go through all that ****, and well that teacher sounds like they shouldn't have that job if they can't care about feelings.

But yeah you shouldn't joke about rape (or gender/sex assaulting, rights, equality and such).. that is just wrong. Not suicide either for that matter. I have a pretty dark sense of humor but I don't include those topics in that.

Back