• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Cereal before Milk or Cereal after Milk

Which is Right?

• Total voters
Don't you hate it when you pour the milk first and you can't put in the cereal because the milk will splatter and you wasted milk because you can't put it back? I had that happen to me a few times.

You don't put cereals in a bowl of milk, that's just weird.

I feel so alone lmao

I've always poured the milk before cereal cause you can control how much milk you want.

Some of you need to learn how to pour milk. Pouring milk is an art. ;)

I feel so alone lmao

I've always poured the milk before cereal cause you can control how much milk you want.

Some of you need to learn how to pour milk. Pouring milk is an art. ;)

But it's messy, the cereal forms a mountain of.... cereal.... It's just..... ack.

You make cereal sound like a 4 course meal... "serve" lol

if you do it the other way, you are unnatural as heck

Cereal before milk. Milk just goes everywhere if you don't do it in that order (the correct order).

Yes, finally! Someone else who appreciates the awesome crunchiness of dry cereal!

No milk is amazing! I love dry cereal over cereal with milk any day(I don't even like cereal with milk). I like to melt some butter over my Cheerios, it's an old family tradition.

That and like...Homemade Chex Mix is the best.

Last edited:
I like it better without milk or anything. But to answer the question, cereal first then milk.

Neither. The only good way to have cereal is without milk! The milk always makes the cereal soggy and soggy cereal is gross!

(Well, I guess unless you eat it fast enough, but breakfast time shouldn't have a time limit!)

tumblr_omyswjIgaN1tpba5to1_1280.png

...but I do cereal then milk, I'm not a barbarian

how is this even a debate
they get you the same product, milk and cereal
???????

how is this even a debate
they get you the same product, milk and cereal
???????
I didn't make this for a debate.
Just wanted to see what one would do, and post why they feel it's okay. :/

- - - Post Merge - - -

Or perhaps, I should adjust the title...

there is no best way to "prepare" cereal and what you put first on your plate doesn't make it "correct" or not, it's just a personal preference. I eat cereal by pouring whatever first and gasp both ways taste the same, I also like it in a large mug rather than a plate. depending on my mood I pour cold or warm milk because growing up I learned to really love both soggy and crunchy cereal :)

Neither. I don't have milk with my cereal. I'm not lactose intolerant or anything, I just don't like soggy cereal.

there is no best way to "prepare" cereal and what you put first on your plate doesn't make it "correct" or not, it's just a personal preference. I eat cereal by pouring whatever first and gasp both ways taste the same, I also like it in a large mug rather than a plate. depending on my mood I pour cold or warm milk because growing up I learned to really love both soggy and crunchy cereal :)
Agreed!
I kinda didn't think about the title. :/
Perhaps I can make a new one?

Back