• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Cereal before Milk or Cereal after Milk

Which is Right?

• Total voters
No milk is amazing! I love dry cereal over cereal with milk any day(I don't even like cereal with milk). I like to melt some butter over my Cheerios, it's an old family tradition.

That and like...Homemade Chex Mix is the best.

Never heard of melting butter on cherrios.... sounds kinda funny xD

Personally I do like to eat my cereal with milk, like Cocoa Krispies just doesn't taste right by itself. But like Krave cereal, I only eat it dry. I can enjoy it longer.

Btw didn't you guys know that there's a bowl that keep cereal from getting soggy? ---->
61oITECoN1L._AC_UL320_SR296,320_.jpg

Haven't had it in a long time, but I used to eat my cereal dry. Adding milk to the mix is satanic, ungodly, dark-sided, unethical, indecent, etc etc

To me it doesn't matter how I prepare my cereal but I do find that it makes more sense to pour the cereal before the milk. Recently, I discovered a better alternative to milk that has encouraged me to eat cereal instead of toast every morning.

I'm really confused by the idea of putting milk in before cereal - I've never heard of anyone seriously doing that! Each to their own, of course, but I just don't think it makes sense at all, haha. Cereal first, always!

Cereal before milk, but when I used to not know how to make my own cereal when I was little, sometimes my mom would make me make my own and I would put the milk first and one day my mom noticed I was doing it like that and told me that I need to put cereal before milk.

Cereal before milk :] it just utilizes the space better ;-; And am I the only one who likes my cereal to be a little soggy? :[ Like I like when there's a little bit of milk soaked into the cereal xD

cereal before milk so it will not get soggy too fast when someone interrupts my breakfast

Last edited:
Cereal before milk, it just makes the "al dente" effect on the cereal a little more even.

Cereal, then milk, then stuff my face in it like Scooby Doo.

I forgot not prepare it at all because I don?t have cereal for breakfast anymore.

Last edited:
Cereal before milk, that way it can’t get too soggy, and that I pour the perfect milk:cereal ratio and don’t overdo the milk, or the cereal.

cereal before milk! it’s the most satisfying way pouring the milk first is just...too chaotic

Last edited:
I eat cereal dry. They determined I was allergic to milk when I was a child. I don't know how true that really is seeing as I can eat chocolate, ice cream, etc. However, when it comes to cereal I really don't care because the idea of eating soggy cereal disgusts me.

Last edited:
cereal before milk because you need to get the perfect ratio of milk to cereal and milk is much easier to measure

Back