• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Wisp and asking for items with Amiibo...

taiyoken

wass poppin jiMBO
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
When you use Wisp to scan a card, and ask for an item, is the item you get completely random or related to the character?

For example, Benjamin the lazy dog has a house full of sloppy furniture among other things. So if I were to scan his card and ask for an item, could I have a chance to get something from his house, or would it be any random furniture?

Because I've scanned like...Keaton (who gave me a volleyball net, which I know isn't in his house but is still beach-y) and Paolo (who gave me a bath set).

I'm hoping the amiibo cards are a way to get hard-to-get furniture, but it's only been two days so I don't have enough data to back me up.

Does anyone know?

You would be given random items.
You wouldn't get items that would be in that specific villager's house, unless of course, it is randomly generated.

Adding to their question, is it possible to get Welcome Amiibo items randomly through wisp as well? Or are those only obtainable through their RVs?

Last edited:
Adding to their question, is it possible to get Welcome Amiibo items randomly through wisp as well? Or are those only obtainable through their RVs?

You can, but it's random. I haven't tested it myself but from what I've read about it here, it seems like the odds of you getting their specific items is much higher than if those items were in the general pool of possible items. So, maybe 1 in 10 chance of getting one of their items vs a random one. I don't think it's as high as 50/50, since people have gone days trying with no luck. But random probability is random, so it's possible.

If you've moved in a Welcome Amiibo villager without buying all their items from their RV forst, it's probably easiest to just kick them out (via using another card/compatible figure) and then summon their RV again. Once you've bought everything you want you can move them in again.

I think I've heard somewhere that they will give you an item you don't already have cataloged.

I think I've heard somewhere that they will give you an item you don't already have cataloged.

This was true in City Folk, at least. Not sure about NL. But it's hard to say for me, because I think I had everything catalogued up until the Welcome Amiibo update. So it's possible that Wisp still works like that with the old items. I haven't gotten any new items from wisp, other than Sanrio stuff from Sanrio villagers, whom I think are their own category in this regard.

Back