• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

pwps for a halloween town?

MarcelTheFool

Likes weird villagers
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
Hey guys! I just started a new game on my hard copy of ACNL and I'm looking for some good pwp ideas for a halloween town!

Info: The town of Fantome
Mayor name: Edon
I'm probably going to replace most of my villagers except Marshal and Diana with halloween villagers
I'm thinking of Kiki, Stitches, Biskit, Muffy, Pietro, Lucky, Cob, Boris (Boris is the only " spooky " cranky villager Hamphrey and Roscoe would work to)
But anyways my game will be in October for a long time, and my DA will still one Halloween night, so I need pwp ideas! Any suggestions?

EDIT: I'm picking three lazies because I can't think of a good peppy villager for a halloween town unless I bring my girl Tabby into my town haha maybe bunnie? she looks like a mime probably tabby instead of biskit

Last edited:
I think tabby would be perfect for a Halloween town.

As for pwps, the first one that comes to mind is the scarecrow.

I think a bonfire or two would be awesome.

Maybe you could put out masks for dream visitors, and scatter candy around on your paths, too. :D

Last edited:
Ruby works great in a Halloween town if you need a peppy. I have her in my Halloween town.

A few good PWP's to have in Halloween town are a fence, which you can make into a pumpkin patch with pumpkin designed tiles, it looks really cute. Another cute thing in face cut-out standees, I have mine next to my pumpkin patch because I remember going to the pumpkin patch as a kid and taking pictures in the face cut-out things with monsters or witches and stuff on them, so it fits right in. I also agree with the scarecrow, for obvious reasons. And having some "dead" perfect trees always looks nice and spooky too.

Last edited:
Yep, I'd say the scarecrow, rice racks, and bonfire, definitely. A log bench or two would be nice by the bonfire.
I've seen lots of towns that use the fence and fill it with persimmons or QRs of pumpkins to simulate a pumpkin patch.
The stone tablet looks like a headstone or other solemn monument.
If you are able to change the town hall and train station to the zen style, those would look nice with a Halloween town.
The wooden bridge, suspension bridge, or brick bridge would be good choices.
The water well looks a little creepy to me, so maybe that?
The streetlight that looks busted would also be nice.

Annnnd, Tabby is one of my all-time AC favorites--I'm always in favor of having her in a town! :)

*Edited to add: Ha! I was typing as KaydeeKrunk posted about the fence PWP also. I agree that the face cutout standee would be great for a Halloween town! So many possibilities there.

Last edited:
I think a bonfire or two would be awesome.

Maybe you could put out masks for dream visitors, and scatter candy around on your paths, too. :D

Yes! I have a bunch of candy put away to "litter" between my villager's houses on the "trick'or'treat" route =]

Haha, make them go trick-or-treat through all your villagers' homes, that'll be fun.

I would turn the character houses into haunted houses and place caution or do-not-enter signs next to them. Maybe make a bloodstained path for added horror value.

If you're still looking for Halloween villagers, I'd recommend Rasher. He has a scar running down one side of his face.

Oh and Roscoe is my cranky for my halloween town, his angry eyes sold him, and he's a black horse, how much more Halloween can you get?

WHOA! I fell asleep and didn't expect to see this thread so active! Thank you all so much for the ideas!!! I'm totally doing the haunted house idea! Leaving out candy and masks sounds super fun to! You all got my so hyped to work on this town!

Plus I love the zen style (wooden bridges and town tall/train station) are my favorites as well as the street lamps! I've always preferred them over the more city esc style other villagers suggest.

My favorite suggestion is the pumpkin patch! That's going to be super fun to do!

I'm also thinking of orange and black roses everywhere for that halloween look! What do you guys think?

EDIT: Decided def using Tabby for my peppy villager I have to have her in every town, shes in my main one and I love her to much. Also highkey considering adding a shove for visitors and having a lot of dig spots to find some spoopy scary skeletons maybe some goodies to. O: < be careful your dig spots will be either a trick or treat!

Probably going with Booker for the police station even though I prefer Copper, his sation just doesn't fit the town theme

Last edited:
Orange and black hybrids would look really neat in your town. Good luck! And if you ever need a hand with the hybrids, I'm your guy.

WHOA! I fell asleep and didn't expect to see this thread so active! Thank you all so much for the ideas!!! I'm totally doing the haunted house idea! Leaving out candy and masks sounds super fun to! You all got my so hyped to work on this town!

Plus I love the zen style (wooden bridges and town tall/train station) are my favorites as well as the street lamps! I've always preferred them over the more city esc style other villagers suggest.

My favorite suggestion is the pumpkin patch! That's going to be super fun to do!

I'm also thinking of orange and black roses everywhere for that halloween look! What do you guys think?

EDIT: Decided def using Tabby for my peppy villager I have to have her in every town, shes in my main one and I love her to much. Also highkey considering adding a shove for visitors and having a lot of dig spots to find some spoopy scary skeletons maybe some goodies to. O: < be careful your dig spots will be either a trick or treat!

Probably going with Booker for the police station even though I prefer Copper, his sation just doesn't fit the town theme

Grave yards are pretty popular in haunted towns, you could also plant a few of the tricky pitfalls so they can get a good "trick" while mosey-ing around. I have a bush maze in my halloween town I am going to rig it with pitfalls as well as candy and "treats" so it's pretty cool! But it's tricky making a bush maze without hacking because they only grow 12 in a row so you have to really plan it out!

Back