• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

This is a town vegetation question. (whats your opinion)

TheOtherHatedGuy

YourMutualTrashCan
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Mailbox
Silver Mailbox
User Title Color Change
Ok so, you know how towns have fruits and mushrooms right?
What about having vegetable farms too? Like, being able to have a native veggie to grow and use the pwp fence as a place for a veggie garden?

What's your opinion on this?:lemon:

for me i feel like it'd be a looot of work that i'm just not willing to put in. plus i feel like that would take up a lot of space that in acnl you don't really get :(
also is this in the right section? lol

for me i feel like it'd be a looot of work that i'm just not willing to put in. plus i feel like that would take up a lot of space that in acnl you don't really get :(
also is this in the right section? lol

Because Im not asking for change just opinions, as in how would u feel if (blah blah blah)
tho it's related to the game it doesnt fit in a topic cause a feature like veggies isnt in the game.

Last edited:
I think maybe it could be on a seperate section of land, like the rv place? Or maybe like a lil island you can swim out to.

Neat concept.

Last edited:
I think maybe it could be on a seperate section of land, like the rv place? Or maybe like a lil island you can swim out to.

Neat concept.

Oooh that could be cool! At first I was having flashbacks to the completely un-fun red turnips of ACWW. Those things were the bane of my AC life as I tried every week to grow that stupid seed..

But there are all kinds of clever ways the devs could bring in something like this! I'd love an optional veggie garden that's separate-yet-attached to my actual town. Better still would be if we could all customise this so visiting someone's else's town would be nore interesting as they could have chosen very different things to what I chose.

So many possibilities..

i'd love that! i used to have a field of red turnips all the time lmao

Honestly, I don't think you have enough space in your town to pull it off. I can only see this turning out well if you hacked your game or something.

Honestly, I don't think you have enough space in your town to pull it off. I can only see this turning out well if you hacked your game or something.

well im not saying it had to be in town. Think of adding a greenhouse as a pwp then it would be an entirely separate place (like a shop but just not on main street maybe somewhere like the campgrounds) with someone like leif running it.

Oooh that could be cool! At first I was having flashbacks to the completely un-fun red turnips of ACWW. Those things were the bane of my AC life as I tried every week to grow that stupid seed..

But there are all kinds of clever ways the devs could bring in something like this! I'd love an optional veggie garden that's separate-yet-attached to my actual town. Better still would be if we could all customise this so visiting someone's else's town would be nore interesting as they could have chosen very different things to what I chose.

So many possibilities..

Oh god...I didn't think of those horrible red turnips until you mentioned it. Those things were the bane of my existence. I think out of all the years I played WW, I only managed to successfully grow one red turnip...

Oh god...I didn't think of those horrible red turnips until you mentioned it. Those things were the bane of my existence. I think out of all the years I played WW, I only managed to successfully grow one red turnip...

aww i never tried. Maybe I will tho

I think it would be cool if Leaf sold vegetable seeds. Carrots, potatoes, etc. You wouldn't have to water them once they were full grown, and you wouldn't have to pick them, unless you wanted to. ( they wouldn't rot). You could sell them for profit or use for landscaping. You could also put nine in a basket, just like the fruit.

hmmm well i wouldnt want them to go all out on it but a few of them might be alright :)
i just had a thought of possibly adding different vines you can have grow on houses and trees like morning glories and grape, ivy, ect to add more personality to your house and village <3

Maybe it could be a PWP? it'd be a bit sad that you wouldn't be able to water them, but we have a zen garden so why not a veggie one?
I don't think i'd get much use out of veggies if they were to grow in my town tbh, it'd make me feel like my town has a different vibe to it than the one it has of a city, it'd feel a bit like a farm to me. Imagine having a potatos grow like gyroids though. Only appearing after rainy days, or like bamboo where it's spawned near other bamboo and then starts growing in town the next day. I think that'd be cool, but not a feature i'd use often. Maybe once to check it out.

I love gardening in the game so I would be very happy to have a farm or gardening area to grow plants.

I feel like it would be a lot of work for not much reward. If you could have a little veggie farm pwp for decoration that would be cute but idk.

Back