• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What are you studying in college?

Nekoneko

黒猫
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
What are you working toward? Do you like it? Regretting it? Secretly wish you could change majors?

I am in Graphic Design! :D I absolutely adore it and definitely wanna do it as my future career! My only struggle is my lack of drawing abilities so when creating logos it can be a bit of a struggle. I'm working on it though!

i'm not in college, but i am going to be enrolling in cosmetology classes again soon! im so excited :D

Just getting my basics in other than that I don't really know :)

I am in Graphic Design! :D I absolutely adore it and definitely wanna do it as my future career! My only struggle is my lack of drawing abilities so when creating logos it can be a bit of a struggle. I'm working on it though!
Sounds awesome!

- - - Post Merge - - -

i'm not in college, but i am going to be enrolling in cosmetology classes again soon! im so excited :D

Again? So you were enrolled before?

I'm not in college/university yet, but when I do get there I'm planning on studying criminology or psychology/clinical psychology. Mental illness, criminal behaviour, justice and psychological theories all interest me.

I used to be a film major, but now I'm a sustainability major! Going into college, I never thought I would change, but I'm a lot happier with where I'm at now.

nursing, but i do think about switching to computer science or graphic design or something along those lines every now and then. for right now, i'm sticking to my major because it is interesting to me but gonna test the waters by taking a programming class or two as electives so that i can decide, or at least get a minor

I'm studying literature. I wish I could study two things but criminology and literature don't really merge well.

I'm not in college at the moment, but I'm planning on going back sometime in the next year or so. I'm not 100% certain about my major, but I think I want to study to be either a vet or a programmer.

English lit. here with a political science minor; I thought about changing to chemistry & enrolling in my college's pre-med program, but the science department at my school isn't the best. It's more of a humanities type of place.

idk what a major is as im british but im doing art, sociology and geography

Nursing. I know it'll get me a job and I wanna help people. I'm just really burnt out on coursework and I'd love to take a semester break.

Haven't started college yet but it's very hard to find something I have a passion for. If I continue to enjoy film class I might go into that, I might do something with culinary arts(Not pastries, pastries are for the weak). Not sure.

I study Japanese language (and also I do some cultural modules on the side), it's really hard though, and I don't really know what I want to do at the end of it. Even though it's hard I'm determined to get through it... But who knows where I'll end up by the end of these four years? I'm not really sure what kind of career I want at the end of this all.

I'm in medicine with a previous degree in biochemistry. I absolutely love it and I'm so happy I eventually found something I liked. I actually had no interest in medicine until a couple of years into university after changing my major twice (I was originally pursuing an arts degree with plans to become a teacher).

Studying Genetics at university. Originally chose it because it was my favourite part of biology when I was in high school, so I thought it was wise to choose something I was interested in that still has a chance of getting me a good career at the end. I'm in my second year, and so far it's been stressful but interesting. The amount of work can be crazy at times and almost completely overwhelming, but I knew a degree like this would never be easy going.

But honestly, a few months into it and it was starting to get me feeling quite depressed. I went from being a student that didn't really need to study at high school and still get A's, to one who was really struggling to make grades up in my exams even though I was putting a ton of work in. University is just a whole different experience to every other type of education I've had, and I think that's the biggest learning curve so far.

I personally still hate lecture-based learning, too. I feel like sitting in a room for two hours being talked at while I'm making notes does nothing to help me understand the subject at all; I'm definitely someone who learns better in classrooms doing activities and talking back and forth to a teacher.

Back