• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Thoughts on this layout?

It's perfect. I'm so jelly ;_; how many resets did it take you?

Not sure. I know it took me nearly 7-8 hours though. I went through tons of maps I thought I was happy with but then threw them out for some reason or another. I ended up sacrificing the 18-20 million I could have gotten from Nook for selling my old town just to save time because I wasn't really patient enough to go through that scene tons of times. I already have enough bells anyways. I thought I would have taken a lot longer but turns out I was lucky enough.

Horrendous starters though. Oh well, at least I got peaches like my old Gamecube town.

i like it! it's really cute and open. i love south-facing waterfalls :)

Last edited:
i like it! it's really cute and open. i love south-facing waterfalls :)

Yeah, I'm glad that my Re-tail and city hall stayed on top of the town(That's how I've always liked it, I think they crowd things otherwise). I want to make a little street with Brewster's and maybe the Police station if I have space next to eachother leading to town square. I think I can do a lot with it.

How about rocks?

Are those in locations you can accept?

What is your town's Perfect Fruit? (A human question. I like to ask.)

When it comes to the beach, I like that there is convenient access. It would be pain to deal with if the two separate areas (east and north) had both ramps being on just one side. (Some of the town layouts have those designs. They're an inconvenience.)

Last edited:
How about rocks?

Are those in locations you can accept?

What is your town's Perfect Fruit? (A human question. I like to ask.)

When it comes to the beach, I like that there is convenient access. It would be pain to deal with if the two separate areas (east and north) had both ramps being on just one side. (Some of the town layouts have those designs. They're an inconvenience.)

I'm pretty sure rocks aren't anywhere that would get in the way(I think. I don't have my DS on me so I can't make judgement but I remember liking them)

Also my perfect fruit is Peaches. Which is nice since I had peaches in my old GCN town.

honesty i love this map nice job! looks like those hours payed off ;-)

in my town both ramps are on one part of the beach and i really like it! part of it is only accessible by the sea which i think is really cool :)

I can imagine, if I had this town, I would lay out a path that goes across (east/west) from those buildings right to the camping ground. It's nice that the Town Hall and Retail (with the Plaza) can connect like that. (You can build the Police Station, if you want one, at the northeast corner.)

It is not easy to draw a convenient map like this one.

Thanks for telling me you have peaches. (I was going to guess apples.) It looks like a good map.

Last edited:
in my town both ramps are on one part of the beach and i really like it! part of it is only accessible by the sea which i think is really cool :)

I like when there's a little tiny part of the beach that you can only swim to. Like, I like having ramps on both sides but if there's a little patch that you can't get to unless you swim, it's really cool.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I can imagine, if I had this town, I would lay out a path that goes across (east/west) from those buildings right to the camping ground. It's nice that the Town Hall and Retail (with the Plaza) can connect like that. It is not easy to draw a convenient map like that.

Thanks for telling me you have peaches. (I was going to guess apples.) It looks like a good map.

Yeah, I was planning on doing the same thing. I had something similar in my first town(Re-tail, Brewster's and City hall were all next to eachother and it was really nice.)

Yeah, I was planning on doing the same thing. I had something similar in my first town(Re-tail, Brewster's and City hall were all next to eachother and it was really nice.)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Bell Tree Forums member tolisamarie (sp?) has a cool setup of having those in-town buildings pretty much adjacent to each other. His/her town is The Realm.

What I also like about the map is that those buildings are on the most northern parts of town. Near the train tracks. That helps make the land feel more free and open for planning on how to develop it.

If you want to be very detailed in determining villager home locations, lay down paths (they don't have to be QR; any will do) and pretty much outline the town. A 3-x-3 area is what allows for a villager's house to be plotted. (This is, of course, based on how far you want to take it all.)

All the best to you.

It looks like a town I would like to have as well.

Last edited:
- - - Post Merge - - -

Bell Tree Forums member tolisamarie (sp?) has a cool setup of having those in-town buildings pretty much adjacent to each other. His/her town is The Realm.

What I also like about the map is that those buildings are on the most northern parts of town. Near the train tracks. That helps make the land feel more free and open for planning on how to develop it.

If you want to be very detailed in determining villager home locations, lay down paths (they don't have to be QR; any will do) and pretty much outline the town. A 3-x-3 area is what allows for a villager's house to be plotted. (This is, of course, based on how far you want to take it all.)

All the best to you.

It looks like a town I would like to have as well.

Yeah, I always prefer having the buildings in the north side of town. I'm not usually picky about villager locations, I like to mix things up a little.

Thank you!

Better start placing bridges soon too lol, it'd be such a pain to walk from that bottom right corner to the only bridge in town.

Better start placing bridges soon too lol, it'd be such a pain to walk from that bottom right corner to the only bridge in town.

Yeah, I'm gonna wait for Brick bridges...I really don't like any other design other than that to be honest.

Back