• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Internet Trends That Died

Corrie

I hear the secrets that you keep...
Peach 🍑
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Pink Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Yellow Balloon
What are some internet trends you noticed have just died? Do you miss them or are you glad they're gone?

Dabbing and the 2008 emo phase of putting xD after everything. I'm glad it's dead.

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh yes, and the infamous Hai guyz! My names ryder :3 i kno it says my name is katie, but thats my ****ing dead name and ryder is my real name! Im so happy i finely found emo stylish worls cuz its somewere i can be myself. I wuz bullied at school 4 bein emo and so now i have to hide who i am around the people at school :( im bisexual and panromantic and am tiggered by my dead name so plz b respectful <3 I love andy biersack <3 message or add me anytime I always want new frendsssss x3 xoxo

I'm not sure if this died, but I'm glad that the Harambe memes have lost steam. It was so annoying. Not only they were overdone, but why would you make so many memes based on a tragedy?

Hopefully they have taught zoos lessons about fencing.

Last edited:
so many memes. also ao many youtube challenges pr tags or whatever like cinnamon challenge, als challenge, draw my life etc.
i think fandoms have started to be way less popular than in like 2013 but it's still a big thing lmao.
nightblogging on tumblr and the old tumblr stereotype are Gone too which is nice. also im starting to see less of the triggered meme which is nice bc it was never funny and everyone used it way too much to be Edgy lmao
also on most forums im on the wedding threads are way less common now than they were a few years ago. i cant rly remember most internet trends that are dead now hhh

Dabbing and the 2008 emo phase of putting xD after everything. I'm glad it's dead.

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh yes, and the infamous Hai guyz! My names ryder :3 i kno it says my name is katie, but thats my ****ing dead name and ryder is my real name! Im so happy i finely found emo stylish worls cuz its somewere i can be myself. I wuz bullied at school 4 bein emo and so now i have to hide who i am around the people at school :( im bisexual and panromantic and am tiggered by my dead name so plz b respectful <3 I love andy biersack <3 message or add me anytime I always want new frendsssss x3 xoxo

LMAO up there with "i have bipolar, ocd, schizophrenia, ptsd, anxiety, borderlind personality disorder, depression. BUT IM NOT DIAGNOSED!"

The memes, such as harambe, glad there gone!

harambe is never gone

- - - Post Merge - - -

the epic, troll, forever alone face era

1e0.jpg

rest in peace

LMAO up there with "i have bipolar, ocd, schizophrenia, ptsd, anxiety, borderlind personality disorder, depression. BUT IM NOT DIAGNOSED!"

Oh, yes. People who self-diagnose AND JUSTIFY IT make me want to die.

tumblr_inline_oj9f985sFg1qa5ren_400.png

like, i seriously doubt you have about 50+ different disorders, diseases and conditions.

- - - Post Merge - - -

get that thing out of here, or so help me god
cri
f30fd24c56e1bcfc926883d6a51d5a00.gif

feelsbadman

- - - Post Merge - - -

uwu
my self diagnosises:
bpd
ptsd
npd
bipolar disorder
major and clinical depression
anxiety disorder
self <3 diagnosis <3 is <3 okay

Last edited:
I have no interest in getting diagnosed for anything mental, even if I think I may have something. I'd honestly rather not know.

I have no interest in getting diagnosed for anything mental, even if I think I may have something. I'd honestly rather not know.

I was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder a couple of years ago now, and it's definitely not something I would want to flaunt on the internet like a badge.

The_Biting_Pear_of_Salamanca_by_ursulav.jpg

Apparently this Pear was a meme, and I thought it was something else. :3​

The_Biting_Pear_of_Salamanca_by_ursulav.jpg

Apparently this Pear was a meme, and I thought it was something else. :3​

beth would love this

What is even happening here? Why are there giraffes in the background, why is that chipmunk taking a photo, why is that slim compact camera on a tripod, why does the pear have teeth?

I was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder a couple of years ago now, and it's definitely not something I would want to flaunt on the internet like a badge.

back in 2012, i was on a website and a loot of people would flaunt their issues. sometimes it was a competition, it was like "my dad died of cancer" "oh yeah? well my dad died in a horrible accident and it was so unexpected!" "i have anxiety dyslexia autism bipolar and all of my family i loved the most are dead"
usually when people have problems they don't want sympathy, they want help

back in 2012, i was on a website and a loot of people would flaunt their issues. sometimes it was a competition, it was like "my dad died of cancer" "oh yeah? well my dad died in a horrible accident and it was so unexpected!" "i have anxiety dyslexia autism bipolar and all of my family i loved the most are dead"
usually when people have problems they don't want sympathy, they want help

It is sad, really. It always sounds like whining for attention. It's sad that people have to come to that.

beth would love this

What is even happening here? Why are there giraffes in the background, why is that chipmunk taking a photo, why is that slim compact camera on a tripod, why does the pear have teeth?

my question is, why does the background look like a ****ing nuclear wasteland??

It is sad, really. It always sounds like whining for attention. It's sad that people have to come to that.

it's completely fine to talk about your issues because it can make others more aware & it might make you feel better. it just shouldn't be something that people wave around all the time and a thing where people try to jump on top of eachother to say "look at me plz"
i get that people want attention and some pity sometimes but the way they exaggerate and expect everyone to get on their knees, give them puppy eyes and say "awww i'm so sorry!" is pathetic imo

Last edited:

same here. i actually DO have a lot of issues, but i'm not going to go around like "oh look at me, i have all these disabilities, look how special i am!" and i'm not in any way saying you should be ashamed of your disabilites -- but there's a huge difference between embracing them and showing them off.

- - - Post Merge - - -

it's completely fine to talk about your issues because it can make others more aware & it might make you feel better. it just shouldn't be something that people wave around all the time and a thing where people try to jump on top of eachother to say "look at me plz"
i get that people want attention and some pity sometimes but the way they exaggerate and expect everyone to get on their knees, give them puppy eyes and say "awww i'm so sorry!" is pathetic imo

when people claim to have serious disorders that they aren't diagnosed with, it makes people who actually do have these issues seem like a joke, and it almost invalidates them in a way. :| it's completely cruel and unfair imo

Back