what are your biggest pet peeves?

Kids that are being unnecessarily loud. It's annoying when people are loud period, but their shrill voices make it so much worse. There was a family shopping at my job earlier and the two kids were running amuck in the store. The boy kept roaring and croaking like a Frog, and the girl was just screaming up and down the isles touching everything/knocking stuff over. I wanted to shoot myself in the head.

I find it utterly repulsive when people lick their fingers before touching paper or when turning the page of a book. It's so, so unsanitary and unnecessary and I can't help but think someone a savage of some kind when I see them do it.

This one of my biggest "minor" peeves. And so many librarians do it!! I remember sitting in my primary school library as a young child watching the librarian demonstrate to us How To Turn Pages Properly and feeling sick when she said we need to do that. Just watching her was enough to gross me out, since my mother had a very large library of books I loved looking through and I'd always been taught how to gently rub near the corner of the page to be able to turn it without damage (if that makes sense? I have no trouble showing people including babies IRL but it's hard to describe).

I actually refused to use that unhygienic method, and I can recall several "discussions" where different librarians and teachers tried to correct me. Thankfully I was precociously eloquent in addition to being stubborn, and could talk my way around to being allowed to demonstrate MY way. My confidence combined with my obstinate insistance to "ask my mum if you don't believe me, she doesn't let me lick my finger to turn pages, that's yuck and spreads germs". Whilst I was right, and they certainly opened the door to that kind of response, I was lucky to get away with it. Basically telling a bunch of adults they're doing something disgusting and speading germs doesn't tend to go well for children unfortunately, no matter how right they may be.

The end result was that I was allowed to turn the pages my way, and I'd be responsible for any damage caused as a result (never happened, nor did they think it would, that was said for my classmates who were listening). Any other child who was inclined to turn pages without saliva (ya know, like most people manage to accomplish most opening/closing/turning things tasks that don't involve their mouths..) were allowed to, too, with the same "you break it, you bought it" clause.

I also learned VERY quickly to start using the top corners to turn pages to try and minimise my exposure to all that saliva. No way was I giving up books, but I wasn't going to *willingly* touch other people's spit, either!

Last edited:
when people chew with their mouth open, or when they crunch very loud things especially in a quiet environment
when people make me repeat myself more than 2 times

When people pass judgement onto other people. One of my biggest fears is being judged, so it irritates me when people judge other people.
Also when kids swear. Like, where are your goddamn parents, man?

Last edited:
When people smack their lips while they eat, or when people just generally eat loudly and sloppily. It makes me physically angry.

Also, being interrupted mid-sentence. It is absolutely infuriating.

Same here! Apperently it's called misophonia.

Lying, noise, "loud" (obnoxious) people, moody people who are constantly negative about every little thing.

I absolutely can't stand when people bring their dogs to the store. It's inconsiderate, and some people are extremely allergic to dogs. I can understand if it's a trained service animal, but like, you just don't bring a regular pet to a store, especially stores that sell food products...

People who interrupt, especially when I'm in the middle of a story or something and someone else just get a story triggered and completely cuts me off. Drives me crazy. My mom is one of these people and I want to strangle her every time. Also people that make suckling noises while sucking on a candy or something, and people who noisily eat. It makes me not want to eat.

People who interrupt, especially when I'm in the middle of a story or something and someone else just get a story triggered and completely cuts me off. Drives me crazy. My mom is one of these people and I want to strangle her every time. Also people that make suckling noises while sucking on a candy or something, and people who noisily eat. It makes me not want to eat.

eek I'm one of those people. Im super impatient and I understand it's rude and annoying but I can't help it lmao.

slow walkers are THE WORST

Last edited:
When eating on a skype call, and people dont move the mic away from their mouths
As if chewing loudly was bad enough, imagine it on surround sound : )

Bad driving, my absolute worst pet peeve, especially people actively taking risks that they should be informed about like texting or drinking and driving.

Oh god...I hate....touching...wet...doorknobs. Every time people leave the washroom with their hands wet and touch the doorknob, I want to gag. I hate touching anything wet. It's so gross that I get mad and I literally have to use half a bottle of hand sanitizer to feel clean.

When people add -ette onto words to make them feminine/addressing girls etc. I very much thought dude/guys/whatever words were gender/sex neutral but k apparently not.

"dudette" sounds real ugly btw lol.

-babies in public places
this isn't something to complain about really since why would you leave your baby in your house and never carry them out with you but they smell, they cry, they dribble half-spit half-food and they awkwardly cling on to your knees when you sit down, if i'm on a train or especially an airplane and i hear AGGGGWAAHHHH i just want to die
-(homeless) people asking me for money
i know this sounds bad but i really don't like it when they ask me for money and lament to me about how i'm not helping like i'm put on the spot with people staring and i feel like i'm being guilt tripped into doing so when they bring up things like that, i'm really bad at saying no plus i don't know what they're going to spend it on, maybe some water or maybe alcohol, you can't really tell if you're benefitting them or killing them and there are plenty of shelters for them, but maybe it's not that simple, it's like maaaan can't i just give you something through charity instead of awkwardly blocking my path to ask for it :(

Last edited:
When you're in a crowded walkway and the person in front of you is going slow or talking to someone.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, when people let their kids act up in public and they do nothing because "kids will be kids :)"

Either teach your kid some manners or leave them at home. "Kids being kids" is no excuse to allow kids to climb on tables or run around at restaurants, scream in movie theaters, and be generally terrible and I hate how bad parents allow this.

One time my five year old cousin was running around the restaurant and she came and snapped my bra strap. I don't even wanna know why.

when people are "lazy" looking up things and refuse to do it unless you give them exact link. come on i can't always go link stuff, might do other things but i can try redirect or tell you the name ?? like wtf do you ask then?

Back