• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How Have Your Interests Changed?

When I was younger I only watched anime and cartoons. As I got older, I discovered things like House MD, Scrubs, The X-Files, Malcolm in the Middle, etc. so many of those live action shows. Now, I'm totally obsessed with Doctor Who and Supernatural, and don't really care much for anime.

I REALLY loved doing art in my teens and was very passionate about it, now I'm just too lazy for that **** :(

-When I was in kindergarten/first grade I was super obsessed with sharks.
-2nd-5th grade I was really into Astronomy.
-2nd-3rd grade I got interested in weather (and astronomy)
4th-5th grade: drawing (and astronomy)
-6th grade: I don't know, this was a weird year.
-First half of 7th grade I got into music, then I started getting obsessed with Japanese language and culture (not pop culture) from the second semester of that year until my 9th grade year.
-9th grade-now music (and astronomy).

Last edited:
My music tastes used to be more open, now it's just abnormal. The normality of it... doesn't evoke any feeling from me.

The only reason why I'd listen to pop music today is out of nostalgia.

I haven't been spending as much time on the internet as I used to back in the day, and I haven't been doing fun things that I used to do when I was a younger. Life's just got boring lmao.

my interests change a lot
for example i went through a stupid phase of "i hate anime/manga its all perverted and bad blah blah blah" about 2 years ago but now i'm quite fixated on japanese artists such as junji ito, kaneoya sachiko, ayami kojima and funamusea
there's also ilya kuvshinov but he's a russian living in japan so

Last edited:
At the beginning of High School I was really into indie-pop music like Lana Del Rey, Marina, etc, then I got into classic rock and alternative, and I had (well have, he's still my friend) this friend who liked classical music, and then so I started listening to classical music and getting into playing piano more, and then I learned saxophone, flute, clarinet and now I think I'm really good at all of them and I'm a classically training musician who basically only listens to classical music/musical theater, and I spend most of my free time playing the flute adshkjdhfk I'm such a nerd like if myself from 9th grade saw me now they'd be like wth.
Additionally, also in 9th grade I was really into fashion and thought that's what I'd want to pursue in university, and now it's changed a lot. I mean I still care about how I look and dress but my style now is a lot more normal and laidback, compared to how I used to dress fancy and uptight to school everyday with collars etc lol. Looking back I don't find it embarrassing but idk I can't believe i ever used to care that much about clothes.
I'm sure there's a lot more stuff to list but that stuff I've mentioned is pretty recent, so it's what I thought about. (I'm 17 now btw, finishing 11th grade, so this change is really drastic lol)

Like not at all lmaoo

Seven years ago if you asked me what my favorite game, favorite game series, favorite color, favorite show, favorite hobby, favorite outdoor activity, and favorite type of music was... it'd probable be exactly the same xDD

The only thing that's different is I've added to my interests over the years (like physics/astronomy, Star Trek, classical piano, and a more broad range of videogame titles).

Last edited:
The only way my interests have changed is I’m finally into watching Anime now.

Back