• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How Have Your Interests Changed?

Corrie

I hear the secrets that you keep...
Peach 🍑
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Pink Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Yes, two interests threads.

Over the years, people's interests are sure to change. How have yours changed? What do you like now? What have you ditched? What interests of yours have stuck through with you over the years?

I'm not kidding when I say this, when I was 3 to when I was 9, I had an interest in cars for some reason, although obviously I couldn't drive or anything. As the summer between my 3rd and 4th grade years in 2009 wrapped up, the interest faded away, but when I was 14 it came back, although it's not as great as was in the past.
Also, when I was 12, I started getting into working out, which was the complete opposite of how I was before 2012.
The main interest I've had that has stuck with me over several years has been video games, which I've been playing them on a regular basis since 2008, although I had begun getting interested in them as early as 2006. However, since roughly 2014 or so I haven't been playing video games as much.
My taste in music has also changed. Honestly, until 2010, I didn't really listen to music at all, although in the summer of 2010 I had gotten into techno. I then got into Jpop around the end of 2011 and was into that for a while. I didn't like Kpop at first when Gangnam Style became popular in 2012, but by 2014 I had gotten into 2NE1, sadly just two months before their hiatus, which is why I was extremely disappointed when they disbanded this past November.:(
I also started getting into rock music at the end of 2015, and I listen to that a lot too now.

Last edited:
i used to love reading when i was a kid. i read a lot but i stopped when i got depressed lel. i have barely read anything for funsies since i was like 12 lmao.
i used to play the sims a Lot when i was 7 until i was like at least 12? like i did it almost every day.
in 2012 i got really interested in the hunger games.
also in 2012 i was Cery into youtubers,..like, i was ???? a part of youtube "fandoms" ,.. Yikes .
i used to like tv shows like doctor who and stuff like that in ~2013 but now i rly dont.
from late 2013 until autumn 2015 i rly liked anime and manga.
also i used to play floorball from i was 10 until i was 15 but then i stopped bc pf mental illness.

now i dont rly do a lot of things

10 years ago I was the typical emo/goth kid when it was a big thing. I would never be caught dead in anything other than black or gray. Now I'm the girliest person you'll ever meet and I love that once dreaded color, pink. :lemon:

Used to smoke a lot of weed when I was younger and now that I live somewhere it's legal to purchase and possess I hardly use it anymore. :p

They've changed quite a bit. I used to be super into anime and manga, nerdy stuff like that, and now I can't really find enjoyment in watching a lot of anime. If there's a really good series I might be able to enjoy it but that's kind of rare.

i used to read quite a lot as a kid but haven't picked up a book voluntarily for a good while. i'm starting to get back into it now though and i find it really fun and calming. there are so many good books out there and i'm determined to read some !
also i had this phase of loving anime and emo music which lasted like half a year and now i like neither. now i think about it, i don't really listen to much music at all.

Last edited:
i like dick now

Talking seriously , i once liked to sing and dance when i was a little kid but ehehehe ... I suck at these :L

Not at all, really. I'm still into gaming, books and TV shows. But a decade later I'm obviously interested in more genres and adult themes as well.

I am still very childish in terms of interests. The only two things I can think of are:

-I used to be very against alcohol but now I drink it occasionally
- I used to be skinny and made an effort to be skinny. But now I am really into weight lifting

I was the most obnoxious teenager. I liked drinking and going to the mall like most teenagers. I also listened to rap and pop music and watched trashy TV. Now I only listen to classical music, don't own a TV, and don't even go to events that are serving alcohol. I'd say my interests changed from childhood to adolescence, and then basically reverted once I hit adulthood. I'm right back to playing video games, watching scary movies and hanging out with my animals :)

Also in terms of school, I loved English during my emo adolescent phase, but went back to loving biology and other sciences once I got older.

Last edited:
I used to be very into a certain big video game. I was very involved with it ever since I was young. As I grew older, my interest started to fade. The fandom is incredibly toxic. I can't tell you how many times over the years people have told me to kill myself over not liking a shipping/game, people getting entitled/creepy, people sending messages to try to bait you into flame wars, mods on power trips and allowing their friends to bully others bc of a disability, people throwing tantrums over the smallest things, the list goes on and on; I could write a book on how gross it all was. The worst part was that the most influential people pretended nothing was wrong so it only encouraged people to be awful. It was so exhausting.

I still adore the franchise and would happily talk about it but have decided it's best to stay out of the fandom. I learned it's better to enjoy something with close friends or on your own. I was very hesitant to join this forum because of my past experience but I'm so glad it's not the case here. :)

Well the big one I can think of is how I feared spiders and snakes when I was young, then it turned to a polite curiosity with still lots of fear, then to a solid interest. Now I love snakes, and like a lot of spiders.

hm well i used to animate a lot of small clips mostly for maps or just for fun but im starting to do comics more now instead. it just is easier and is way more fun

Back