• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Soo What is your Opinion on Hack items/villagers?

TheOtherHatedGuy

YourMutualTrashCan
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Mailbox
Silver Mailbox
User Title Color Change
I just wanted to know.
Do you think this is good or bad?
(im not breaking any rules by asking this am i???)
Tbh I think its good in some cases but I want your opinions.:lemon:

Unfortunately, hacking isn't allowed to be discussed on the forums as it would conflict with how other enjoy the game through trading and such.

We actually have no issues with people discussing whether or not they hack or sharing their viewpoints on it, though we do have to ask that people refrain from posting links to hacking programs and/or tutorials or sharing explicit advice on how to hack your town. As long as the discussion is solely about your moral stance on these topics, we have no problem leaving you to it.

Personally I don't get the whole issue with hacking??? Like if I want bamboo in my rivers or wanna auto-unlock all the pwps after years of trying to get the police station I will? I can understand people not wanting hacked items/villagers to be given to them at the risk of it somehow hurting their game but if it's hacking to get a villager/pwp/items in a certain location I really don't get why people get so upset?

I'm of the opinion of "As long as no major changes or damage occours in the game, it's acceptable." If you'll remember during Wild World, there were cases of games being bricked by hackers. That, alone, might give some people a reson to reject it.

Basic items and other viliagers? Yeah, okay.
Sticking bamboo in rivers? Forget it.

Oh thank the lord. I love hacking in ACNL. Hacking villagers is fantastic because it's saved me money from buying an NFC reader and has also helped me get some of my old villager back. You can also help a friend out by moving villagers as well. It also saves people a bunch of time unlocking PWP. The biggest plus to hacking is it offers even more flexibility when building your town. You can move things anywhere you want that stickler Isabelle will refuse as well as change/remove normally permanent PWP. Do I think it ruins the game? Absolutely not. It adds more value to it in my personal opinion. Now I think you should refrain from trading hacked villagers/items with people to avoid ruining the trading system with bells. Unless you want to repeat the Pokemon crisis with hacked shinies floating around.

I play the game the legit way, and I like it that way. I don't mind if other people hack their games for any reason; I've seen some amazing hacked towns via the dream suite.

However, concerning the poll that everyone is encouraged to participate in - I strongly have to say no. Allowing to sell hacked items or villagers shouldn't be allowed, it encourages people to cheat to make a profit ( even if the profit is just TBT or collectibles. )

I don't hack, and have no desire to, but I have no problem with people who do. In fact, I've recieved villagers and hacked items from other players. Hackers have made the game more enjoyable for me. I wouldn't have gotten some of the unorderable items ( that I needed to create a room) without the help from hackers. So, I guess I'm really no different than they are. They hack, I buy the hacked items.

I love hacking because it makes it easier to decorate your town the way you want and get the perfect map, be more creative with object placement, create your own villagers, and so much more. But I also understand that for other people it's more fun to play the regular way. Why there is any drama regarding this is beyond me.

On the other hand, allowing hacked villagers and items to be traded/sold can wreck the regular players economy. Also I don't know if there are seeding hacks for this game yet, but that could be a potential problem. But most people in the hacking community seem pretty chill and don't want to hurt other people.

I have no problem with hacking and I don't have a problem with people who do hack. I don't like, however, those strange hacked towns. If there's a possibility of your save being corrupted by what you're trying to do, it probably shouldn't be done.

I, personally, have hacked before. I regularly do, as ashamed I am to admit it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I love hacking because it makes it easier to decorate your town the way you want and get the perfect map, be more creative with object placement, create your own villagers, and so much more. But I also understand that for other people it's more fun to play the regular way. Why there is any drama regarding this is beyond me.

On the other hand, allowing hacked villagers and items to be traded/sold can wreck the regular players economy. Also I don't know if there are seeding hacks for this game yet, but that could be a potential problem. But most people in the hacking community seem pretty chill and don't want to hurt other people.

What are seeding hacks?

- - - Post Merge - - -

This survey made me anxious lololol still worried this is a trap maybe

Glad to see people who would never hack are still ok with hackers. It's always worried me I'd get hate for rehacking my game but there's certain villagers i couldn't handle moving. Plus I've been playing normally since the release of the game I find hacking fun :D

EDIT: my favorite hack i ever didwas turning everyone into my town into kiki (hope sharing what i've done isn't rule breaking????) it was a test to make sure i had learned how to do everything properly

Last edited:
I have no problem with hacking, or people selling hacked villagers or items.

I've hacked items before with powersaves. That's as far as I've gone and I'll never hack my town's layout (too lazy) but I have no problem with people who do that.

Hacking ACNL is one of the best things I've done with my game. I'm the type of person that really can't bear to reset their town, partially because I get attached, mostly because I can't be bothered to build everything up again (unlocking shops, refilling my encyclopedia, getting tools, etc.). Because of that, I could never get myself to reset my main town even though I HATED both my town and mayor names. When hacking was finally made more accessible, I did it without hesitation and now I'm finally content with my main town :') While my main town is minimally hacked, I used the editor to fix the map in my second town and unlocked a bunch of things that would've taken way too long otherwise. It helped me obtain items and villagers too. Lbr, some of us can't afford to buy a bunch of amiibo cards in hopes of landing our faves. Not everyone has the e-funds to pay for them either, nor the desire.

So obviously I'm totally cool with it. I'm pretty sure there's no way of telling hacked items apart from "real" items, so that's not a problem, and it helps to get items circulating. I guess the only problem is with ~tbt economy~ and everything going for cheap, so it becomes difficult for players to make bells, but I like to think it's more important to give more people easy access to some difficult to attain items.

Seeding was something people did in wild world and I think city folk. Basically people would visit someone else's town and spawn a bunch of trees, buildings, rocks, etc, to make the hosts game crash/get corrupted. It was a really awful thing to do.

Last edited:
I personally enjo hacking. After you've been playing animal crossing for over a decade you tend to get bored playing it the "legit" way. Granted I only hack maps and landscaping stuff but it's lots of fun to experiment with the game.

i don't agree with hacking or see the point in it. i mean there is only so much you can do in the game and i don't really see why people do it besides making duped items that are hard to come by. animal crossing is suppose to be a day to day kinda game. if other people wanna do it then sure but i wouldn't want to trade with them because i don't think that's how people should play the game

Last edited:
I despise hacking in any form not just Animal Crossing but gaming in general like when people get stuff through illegal means (you know, downloading instead of paying). That's probably another topic though, but in this case, I don't mind people using hack items and getting the villagers the most convenient way for their own personal use since it's not a competitive game. I just don't like it when they try to make a profit out of them. Also, going to hacked dream towns doesn't interest me no matter how amazing they are. No offense.

Last edited:
Personally I don't hack but I don't mind if other people do. Do whatever you want that makes you happy with your town! I just don't like to visit them in the dream suite that much because I've been to some that are incredibly hard to navigate, since there are no restrictions on how many trees and bushes you have next to each other. So I was running into tree after tree and hated it. I think that turned me off of the hacked towns, but I have seen some that did it uhh tastefully? If that's the right word lol.. And I did not mind those. I just don't get very inspired by them because I know what they've done is unachievable for me to do in my town since I don't hack.

I think hacking a town is simply cheating unless if you are adding stuff like not unlocked PWP's or villagers you don't have. I don't really have a problem with people putting things on the beach by hacking, though.

I think hacking a town is simply cheating unless if you are adding stuff like not unlocked PWP's or villagers you don't have. I don't really have a problem with people putting things on the beach by hacking, though.

But isn't all of that cheating too?

Back