Soo What is your Opinion on Hack items/villagers?

Hacking can be a very personal experience. Those who hack hack differently, you have some who only do it for bells, others who completely change their town exteriors. One thing about hacking is that you end up having everything at your disposal, you no longer need to sell items or trade online which is nice for people of limited accessibility to things. Not to mention, those who hack are kind enough to share their wealth, at least in my experience.
I see nothing wrong with hacking, I really wish TBT would let us discuss hacking more openly that way we can help each other along the way and make sure nothing goes wrong.

I have zero issues with the choices anyone makes while playing a video game they bought and paid for.

I'm completely fine with hacking. I've actually been wanting to hack so I can decorate my town without restrictions. I find the argument to be quite silly as Animal Crossing is not a competitive game.

I'm completely fine with hacking. I've actually been wanting to hack so I can decorate my town without restrictions. I find the argument to be quite silly as Animal Crossing is not a competitive game.

That last part is where I totally agree...

BUT... I would never do it... I don't know, I like to play my games how they were intended. Of course it is a nightmare with the unorderables and those specifically that can't be gotten unless you live in a certain place (Looking at you Japan... and at you UK with those Sanrio cards) and that sucks... but personally I can manage. I play ACNL mostly to just chill and catch some fish and fool around with my neighbors. I don't mind at all not getting all the items (or upgrades) for my town.

It's up to those who do it to do whatever they like as it's their game, and I won't tell them how to play it. Personally, I think it can be helpful for the most part, but when it's possibly game breaking hacks not so much. Although with the amiibo update villagers are much more accessible, so there's not much need for hacking them in anymore.

On one hand, it's your game. Play however makes you happy. I know a lot of people enjoy customizing and decorating, especially after months or years of playing "normally," and hacking makes that easier and allows for more creativity. On the surface, it doesn't harm other people or affect their games.

My only hesitation is that the hacking/duping culture has artificially inflated the AC economy to a crazy degree. It costs millions of bells to get a popular villager or DLC item, because so many bells are in circulation that the amount someone might obtain in a few weeks of traditional gameplay is now obsolete. That part does make me sad.

Back