Peach (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Mother's Day Carnation
Mother's Day Carnation
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
When I started my main town a year and a half ago, I didn't really have any sort of plan for my mayor's personality/character, and I didn't think I'd ever have side characters. Then as things progressed I needed side characters for more QR space, and then my creativity really came out when I decided to make them into their own characters with backstories and their own role in Ivyvale.

I decided to create all 3 alt's houses around their personalities and backstories. But now that I'm almost done with them, I realized my mayor is the only character that doesn't have a theme, but I already finished my house and I'm really in love with each room. But my mayor and her house don't fit my theme anymore.

It really bothers me that she doesn't have any sort of theme like my other characters whom I'm very proud of and can't wait to show off in my dream address when it's finished. But I'm conflicted because I love her house as it is, but it's just....not right and it's off of the whole pattern of the others' houses. What do you all think? Scrap the house and give her a story, or just let the theme thing go?

edit: to add, I legitimately have a problem with keeping consistency and I'm obsessed with symmetry so it's more than just 'eh I don't like it'. :p It's definitely part of my anxiety disorder. But it's important to me because this town is my baby and it's an important extension of my creativity,. SO I thought I'd add that it's pretty important to me to keep a theme and have everything be even.

Last edited:
I'm going through the same, every room in my house has different themes. None of the current sets have all the pieces I want, so I end up with multiple themes even in the same room x.x I think it's ok to have many as long as they look appealing together. For example, don't think robo and cabin set would look good in the same room.

Last edited:
Maybe you could put some of your favorite rooms in the museum. Then you could redecorate your mayors house while keeping some of the others in the museum rooms.

Decorating houses is my favorite thing to do in new leaf. I'm out of character rooms to decorate, so I'm going to start on my museum. I think you should go for it. It will give you something new to do.

I second what TheGreatBrain suggested. Use your museum to keep the rooms you currently like, then decorate your house in whichever theme you choose.
Or perhaps you could look at it this way; the theme of your mayor's house is you.

I second what TheGreatBrain suggested. Use your museum to keep the rooms you currently like, then decorate your house in whichever theme you choose.
Or perhaps you could look at it this way; the theme of your mayor's house is you.

I really like that thought :eek: I didn't see it that way. still not sure what I'll do, but thanks for the input!

Back