• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Australia, New Zealand & South East Asia Thread!

Mallow

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Flea
Feedback
100% (13) +
The Australia, New Zealand & South East Asia Thread!

Do you open your gates and hear nothing but the chirping of mole crickets?
Looking to borrow a cup of sugar (or a hydrangea bush) from your virtual neighbour, but find them all sleeping?
Do you want to share magical moments without sacrificing your sleep schedule?

It seems like you're looking for friends in similar time zones!

Make yourself a Milo and share your friend code here for good times at reasonable hours....

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'll start! I'm located in Melbourne and am currently on AEDT, but will be back on Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) soon. I generally play for an hour or two per day, but I'm studying at the moment and fairly flexible.

My town has gone to shambles as I'm preparing to reset and start fresh, but I still love visiting/having visitors!

Ahhhh I'm so glad you made this thread!!!!

I'm also in Melbourne, Australia, so have the same AEDT (which is GMT+11) timezone until it reverts back to AEST (GMT+10) on the 2nd of April.

I play for at least a couple of hours each day and I've got a very flexible schedule. Outside of medical concerns, and family +partner commitments, I can usually accommodate other schedules with no problem, barring an actual emergency.

Fair warning : I have two towns and both are complete messes - though one is significantly worse than the other. I'm cataloguing items and also holding a couple hundred items for another player.

3ds town - Clown - friend code is 4570-7659-3362 and my 2ds town - TreeTown - friend code is 1607-2868-9212.

The 2ds town, TreeTown, is probably the better one for visitors as there are less items on the ground everywhere (turnips don't count, right??!).

The only things I'm a stickler for are :

- please try and communicate as promptly and clearly as you can - if you can't play at a time we agreed to, that's cool, just let me know ASAP so I'm not kept waiting.

- running in both my towns are completely fine though not through flowers of course. But *please* don't move any items around. If you want to catalogue something just ask me first and I'll agree, that way I can make sure those things get back to where I put them afterwards.

- I can and will leave negative feedback if warrented. I'm very easy going so it would take a lot to make that happen, but if it does then I won't hesitate to share honest feedback publicly.

Finally : I struggle to type using the in-game chat "feature" so am totally fine with PMs/VMs here to supplement that painful experience.

Any questions? Let me know :)

Last edited:
Thank you for making this thread! I would invite ya'll to be friends but tbh I'm hesitant as everyone has different rules and it's easy to forget something and seem rude. Like until I read peoples opinions here I didn't know it was widely frowned upon to enter someones town just because their gate was open.

I already abide by most of the common ones by habit, like not running or stealing, but some things I don't think of and might accidentally do.

Ah Bubblebeam I had similar concerns when I first started visiting for trades! I've found that working out the rules ahead of the visit eases those worries on both (sometimes all) sides.

One thing I forgot to mention specifically in my post, though it was implied I think, is that I don't mind having visitors talking to my villagers, visiting shops, and exporing without being constantly in my line of sight. If I want to know where you are or what you're doing, I'll ask.

And even if I somehow felt a visitor was abusing my hospitality I would definitely talk about that and sort out any miscommunication - I wouldn't just rush to leave negative feedback or anything!

If you decide you'd like to visit sometime (and don't mind the mess...) then I'm happy to have you.

:)

Last edited:
I love seeing a thread for Aussie Animal crossers!
I feel like I'm at the point where I can let people over to roam my town (it's still underdeveloped) and just hang out with. Go to the shops or RV ground and buy whatever they want. I'm just worried though because I'm currently moving villagers in and out at random and I don't want any to unexpectedly move into another's town when they want that space for another.

I really would love to have some Island competition with a couple of other people. It would be fun, and also medals!

I love seeing a thread for Aussie Animal crossers!
I feel like I'm at the point where I can let people over to roam my town (it's still underdeveloped) and just hang out with. Go to the shops or RV ground and buy whatever they want. I'm just worried though because I'm currently moving villagers in and out at random and I don't want any to unexpectedly move into another's town when they want that space for another.

I really would love to have some Island competition with a couple of other people. It would be fun, and also medals!

Sounds great! It's been years since I've done the island stuff with anyone I know.

I have no issues with getting voided villagers, but in case you didn't know : to clear your void you just need to visit a town with 10 villagers (and a clear void itself if you have less than 10 villagers yourself). If you need a town to visit to clear your void, both mine are since I just visit the other town if I move someone out (which I'm too lazy to do much anyway).

I just started my brand new town yesterday, so there is nothing to do or see yet. But this does mean I'd love to visit people so I can use their Shampoodle, shop for some cute threads or do some island tours!

I'm not here to judge (or trash!) anyone's town. I just love pottering around gardens, meeting villagers, peeking inside houses, etc. I've preemptively added everyone on this thread with a public friend code, so if you enjoy the same add me back and feel free to drop by if you see my gates open.

I live in Adelaide, South Australia and let me tell you, trying to sell/trade items during the day while the rest of the world is sleeping sucksss!

I'm gonna break the trend of people coming from Australia in this thread because I'm from NZ :)
I like the idea of this thread, it's not everyday you come across someone playing from Australia, let alone NZ.
It's unbelievably rare to find someone on the island who is from NZ, in all my playtime I've only seen one other.

Anyways being from NZ my time zone is NZDT (GMT+13), my town is in early stages of development cause it's only about 2-3 weeks old. If you wanna give me some inspiration for my town I'd appreciate it :)
My FC is in my sidebar.

Also I might not be online a whole bunch today because of a Weta I found in my room at 2:00 AM this morning so I'm a bit paranoid.
You would be if you saw this :(
Tree_Weta_(Putangatanga).jpg

Last edited:
It's Baabara's birthday tomorrow and I can't find a suitable gift for her! According to this list she likes Gorgeous, brown items and dislikes Crazy items. Does anyone have anything in their shops today that she might like?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Crisis averted! I was able to summon Isabelle's RV and buy the Modern Wood Flooring for my snooty little sheep.
17457264_10155058901281897_387504846704270506_n.jpg

I just started my brand new town yesterday, so there is nothing to do or see yet. But this does mean I'd love to visit people so I can use their Shampoodle, shop for some cute threads or do some island tours!

I'm not here to judge (or trash!) anyone's town. I just love pottering around gardens, meeting villagers, peeking inside houses, etc. I've preemptively added everyone on this thread with a public friend code, so if you enjoy the same add me back and feel free to drop by if you see my gates open.

Yeah new towns can be a little boring until it builds up a bit. I've added your friendcode as well, so when you're online next let me know and you can use my Shampoodles and look around my shops.

Hellos ^-^

Can't believe I never say this thread before :eek:

I'm from New Zealand like Asutoro ^-^ (We're actually brothers :D )

If anyone would like to add me just send me a VM or PM and I'll be happy to play AC with you ^-^

Or...

You could also check out my dream address! (It needs another update though...)

I'll be sure to post here whenever I want to hang out with people in this general timezone.

Thank you for creating this thread ^-^

It's Baabara's birthday tomorrow and I can't find a suitable gift for her! According to this list she likes Gorgeous, brown items and dislikes Crazy items. Does anyone have anything in their shops today that she might like?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Crisis averted! I was able to summon Isabelle's RV and buy the Modern Wood Flooring for my snooty little sheep.
View attachment 196313

Animals like specific things? Man I'm dumb, LOL. Maybe I can speed up getting animal pictures now though.

Let me know if anyone wants to add me. I'll stay on the safe side and not visit anyone unless specifically invited. If my town is open however, feel free to pop over. I so rarely open them for trading or non-friend purposes. I'll try to add my guidelines to my signature (only basic, run of the mill things like sticking to the paths especially since my paths are dirt and not patterns).

P.S. I think there are enough people here to warrant a Discord group? That would be fun. :)

Last edited:
Animals like specific things? Man I'm dumb, LOL. Maybe I can speed up getting animal pictures now though.

Yes, they have preferences... and sometimes their taste leaves a lot to be desired! In the thread about decorating villager houses someone mentioned giving each villager their preferred items. It never occurred to me to do that, but I might give it a go and see if it works to boost our friendship. My villagers are so spoiled; I give them perfect fruit and high value fish, hardly ever turn down requests, etc. But it still took about 4 months to get my first villager picture in my previous town!

View attachment 196632

I hope old mate Baarb knows I went the extra mile for her!

Let me know if anyone wants to add me. I'll stay on the safe side and not visit anyone unless specifically invited. If my town is open however, feel free to pop over. I so rarely open them for trading or non-friend purposes. I'll try to add my guidelines to my signature (only basic, run of the mill things like sticking to the paths especially since my paths are dirt and not patterns).

P.S. I think there are enough people here to warrant a Discord group? That would be fun. :)

I've added you and will certainly pop in if I see your gates open, feel free to do the same with my town! I find the BF feature helpful for shooting a quick "Can I come over?" message, so don't hesitate to hit that lil heart.

What's a Discord group? Like a little sub-forum or something? I'm in!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm from New Zealand like Asutoro ^-^ (We're actually brothers :D )

If anyone would like to add me just send me a VM or PM and I'll be happy to play AC with you ^-^

I hope you both survived the Weta... should have caught it for your encyclopedia, ha! I've added you both, I hope to come visit soon :)

Yeah new towns can be a little boring until it builds up a bit. I've added your friendcode as well, so when you're online next let me know and you can use my Shampoodles and look around my shops.

Yey, thanks so much! I'm at home nursing my sick cat, so will be around for most of the day.

I'll add you when I get home ^-^

Discord on the other hand is sort of like a chat thingy for gamers (sorta like Skype without the camera). You can set up an oceania tbt channel and invite everyone here to type/talk.

I currently use discord to talk to my friends. I think it would be pretty awesome to do! Although I probably won't use my Mic until I'm more comfortable ^-^

I'll go through and add everyone in a little bit since I forgot to do that already.

I only use Discord for the TBT chat so far, it's really simple and easy to use (although I don't know how to set up a channel or anything). I think it's a great idea for us here - so much easier to communicate quickly than here can be.

Also - great idea on using the ACNL "best friends" feature to send quick messages. I'm happy to have visitors but I prefer to know before they arrive, just in case I'm about to finish playing or in the middle of a complicated trade or something. If someone here forgets to check with me first, that's cool. I'm very flexible!

- Only niggling thing with the "best friends" feature is I play actively using all 4 characters in both my towns. I guess I'd just try and keep visits to my mayor char for ease of use. I can do that.

I'm not from Australia but I'd love to add you guys because I get off work at 10:15pm central time when no Americans are on. :U

I'm not from Australia but I'd love to add you guys because I get off work at 10:15pm central time when no Americans are on. :U

I've added you and opened my gates, come on over if you're still looking for signatures!

Like I said in the signature thread, there's not much to see, but at least villagers are easy to find in an undeveloped town ;)

ETA: Mabel is also here in her RV if you're after any cute, crafty items.

17626371_10155061550596897_3430699422327233975_n.jpg

Last edited:
I've added you and opened my gates, come on over if you're still looking for signatures!

Like I said in the signature thread, there's not much to see, but at least villagers are easy to find in an undeveloped town ;)

ETA: Mabel is also here in her RV if you're after any cute, crafty items.

View attachment 196635

You're the best!❤

Back