• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Australia, New Zealand & South East Asia Thread!

Hi, Im from melbourne and I would love to have some friends. I've been playing more recently and I usually play for a few hours a day but I can work around others timetables. I'm going to add everyone who's posted tonight so you can all add me. Pretty much my town is a mess and If someone steals anything from me they will be blocked and reported, I just want to have a fun time and I like going to the island. Also could someone pretty please explain what discord is? im a little confused

Hi, Im from melbourne and I would love to have some friends. I've been playing more recently and I usually play for a few hours a day but I can work around others timetables. I'm going to add everyone who's posted tonight so you can all add me. Pretty much my town is a mess and If someone steals anything from me they will be blocked and reported, I just want to have a fun time and I like going to the island. Also could someone pretty please explain what discord is? im a little confused

I think I explained discord earlier in this thread, but it's more or less a social hub thingy for gamers where you can set up your own server for you and your friends and create different channels to talk/type about stuff :D

Hi there, daytime friends! Cutie Pie Carmen needs signatures, is there anyone around who can help us out? She's determined to banish unsightly blemishes and I can't let her down.

Sorry I've been away. You guys don't even wanna know what happened here, but we basically lost everything and had to evacuate and everything's still such a mess, but thankfully my DS was spared so I'll still try to be on.

And, changing topic, I'm really surprised by how popular the amiibo series seems to be here in Oz. I went to an EB Games store two days in a row looking for either the booster packs of cards or a Shiek figure so I could move in Epona. They were sold out of the cards and didn't have Shiek. I hardly see anyone from Oz on the national island so I guessed nobody played anymore. Apparently not! Where I live has many Asian tourists though, so maybe they're buying the cards? I know when I go on the international island there's no shortage of Japanese speaking players.

Are you okay??? I hope everything is alright.

Im trying to collect amiibos and it seems impossible to get them in store now, around christmas eb games had the cards on sale for $2 a pack and I brought out every store around me, since then I cant find and packs, only the folders /:

Yes we're okay. Our house basically flooded from a dodgy plumber not fitting a pipe properly. It's ruined lots of our possessions. :(

Even online, the Shiek figures are always sold out. AC must be really popular still! And yeah, this EB only had the albums too. Plus a duo pack of the Wolf Link figure and a Zelda game for $99 but no way am I paying that out. Gah, EB gets more greedy every year.

I can help right now or probably tonight after 5

Oops, sorry I didn't see this sooner! I was able to get the signatures, but can I message you in the future if I need more? I'm in Melbourne too, so we're in the same time zone.

Sorry I've been away. You guys don't even wanna know what happened here, but we basically lost everything and had to evacuate and everything's still such a mess, but thankfully my DS was spared so I'll still try to be on.

Oh my gosh, were you in the cyclone area? I am so, so sorry to hear you were hit so hard. I hope you have lots of support and are able to get things back to normal without any additional stress <3

And, changing topic, I'm really surprised by how popular the amiibo series seems to be here in Oz. I went to an EB Games store two days in a row looking for either the booster packs of cards or a Shiek figure so I could move in Epona. They were sold out of the cards and didn't have Shiek. I hardly see anyone from Oz on the national island so I guessed nobody played anymore. Apparently not! Where I live has many Asian tourists though, so maybe they're buying the cards? I know when I go on the international island there's no shortage of Japanese speaking players.

I check 2 different EB Games stores for cards at least weekly, and I haven't seen any packs in-store since Xmas. I've asked the CBD store if they'll be getting more cards in, and all signs point towards no.

I also checked the website to see if I could order some series 5 cards, and the site says they're available in store only. The store finder says there's only ONE store in Victoria that has them in stock, and it's 30km away from me. I'm really surprised they're not stocking these cards anymore, especially as the update wasn't all that long ago.

I've been trying to build my collection via Gumtree, as I've found a few sellers who charge a flat rate for each card regardless of popularity.

Ahh I'm so glad this thread exists! I'm a player located in South East Asia! UTC+8

Anyone in this thread, please feel free to message me for anything if you see me online or on discord! Hope to play with you all soon :)

AC must be really popular still!

I got my game for Xmas last year, so was super late to the AC party. I was pleasantly surprised to see there's still a lot of hype for the game and a strong community. This is why I'm really shocked that EB doesn't stock at least the new series of Amiibo cards!

For the record, I can summon the following RVs:

Series 5 Cards:
Maggie
Stu
June (x2 - let me know if you'd like my other card!)
Murphy
Ursala
Sylvana
Claude
Jakey
Carrie
Gonzo
Cashmere
Ellie
Tad
Bea

Amiibo Figures:
K.K
Lottie
Reese
Tom Nook
Isabel
Mabel
Digby
Cyrus

If anyone would like to visit any of these RVs, just let me know.

Hiya guys, sorry I haven't been very active here or in the discord channel. Life is hectic for me right now but hopefully I'll have some more time to myself again soon.

I've been told by EB staff in multiple stores now that they're probably not getting anymore stock of AC amiibo cards in. They can't say for *sure* since the store doesn't decide things like that. But no store I've been to in metropolitan Melbourne has had new stock arrive in months (around August last year, they didn't even get the WA cards!!).

Similar story for JB HiFi, although they seem to have more stock in general and there are still a couple of stores with series 2 and 3 in stock. They never got Series 4 cards, just the album, or the WA cards.

Oh my gosh, were you in the cyclone area? I am so, so sorry to hear you were hit so hard. I hope you have lots of support and are able to get things back to normal without any additional stress <3

Oh no. Haha, everyone assumes we were flooded by the cyclone given the timing, but no we were flooded due to a bodged plumbing job. Dead in the middle of the night we heard a bang; checked the bathroom to find water FLOODING out from under the sink. By the time it could be stopped water got into everywhere. Upstairs, downstairs, light bulbs, everywhere. Today we're even noticing bulges and cracks in the walls. The neighbour was even effected too. So yeah needless to say we're going to the RTA for total compensation and looking to break our lease and move.

Anyone here have decent turnip prices? its hard working out times to sell with other timezones

Rudy needs signatures for one of his many health and fitness campaigns, is anyone up for a visit at some stage today?

Here's a well needed bump.

P.S. Mallow you should mention the Discord group in the OP so that nobody misses it. :)

Hey there! I'm glad to see this thread. I'm from WA (GMT+8) and it'd be nice to have some acnl friends in my timezone. Anyone can feel free to add me :)

Also glad to see this thread, timezones are annoying especially in games like ACNL and when you're trying to participate in a community! I'm from Sydney, Australia (GMT +10), feel free to add me as well

Yay for new people. I'm gonna add all you guys. ^_^

Ahhh, finally there's a thread for all of us stuck in the weird timezone void! I'm British but moved to Australia in 2014, a year after I started playing ACNL, and all of a sudden found it really difficult to find trading and visiting times that work out with other peoples'. I'm a girl from Sydney in Australia (so my timezone is AEST!) and like many others in this thread, I'd love to make some ACNL friends that have a similar timezone to me <3 I play daily - usually for an hour around 5am in the morning before I have to get ready for school, and an hour to 3 hours in the afternoon when I'm home - so feel free to add me and I'll add you back!

I'm British too and came to Oz just a little bit before you, June 2013. I've only ever played ACNL while living here (it wasn't out before that) so I don't know any different in terms of streetpass, but yeah it's pretty rare for me to get any hits here. I have to go to a big mall to even have a chance of meeting someone on streetpass. I guess that's one good thing that comes out of the tiny U.K. and everyone being squished together. XD

Why don't we ever get any DLC here?

They were giving out zodiac items up until, I dunno, maybe a year ago? It's since gone dead though. :/

Back