• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

opinion on political correctness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sure about that, "hon"?

I don't want another infraction for this thread, so all I'll say is that this seems extremely hypocritical of you when you look at the posts you have made on this thread.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I wanted to add to this to say that the PC culture has turned not only into everything is a personal slight, but also a lot of PC/SJWs get offended for other people . I'm all for defending a friend who you know hates certain jokes, but a lot of SJWs assume offense for someone they don't even know.

White Knights defending female gamers is a great example. I have a lot of guy friends and we make a lot of sexist jokes. I think it's funny and its never a problem when it's just my group talking. But if we need to use in-game chat the Knights come out of the woodwork getting all upset and crazy being offended on my behalf and get even more crazy defensive of me when I tell them to chill because I'm cool with the jokes. And when I make sexism jokes against myself their brain breaks or something and they shut up. It's just weird.

*edited some spelling

Being offended for others drives me mad. I mean, sure, it's okay to defend people sometimes, but you can't jump the gun and make rash assumptions because of their gender, race or sexual orientation. That kind of behaviour often does more harm than good.

I don't want another infraction for this thread, so all I'll say is that this seems extremely hypocritical of you when you look at the posts you have made on this thread.

Not so spoiler alert: A man calling a woman "hon" is pretty sexist.

Last edited:
I honestly don't understand what's so surprising/confusing about that?

lmaooooooooooooooooooo

i had to take a time out omg

do you even know what hon means?

hon is short for honey

the word 'honey', when addressing someone, is someone who is close to you.

so you are telling me that by my dad calling me honey, or my grandparents or my mother calling me hon, that is a sexist and insulting/gross and disgusting word, when many mothers and fathers and loved ones use it when addressing other family members or close friends???

- - - Post Merge - - -

dw im screaming too wtf

SAME THIS IS KILLING ME

- - - Post Merge - - -

ash you monster, how dare you call a woman 'hon'

Is this thread a joke?

Not so spoiler alert: A man calling a woman "hon" is pretty sexist.

-bangs head on the table-
I can't believe you would take something like that so seriously! Like...There's a thing called Sarcasm. I used the term "Hon" in that way. Even then there's no way that the term "hon" could be sexist. Not like I'm calling you sugar**** or anything. Like..You've lost all of the little credibility you had if you think a little bit of sarcasm is somehow "Sexist". Using a term like "hon" isn't sexist. Unless somehow we aren't allowed to call people honey anymore, is this what it's come to? My god...It's really funny, honestly.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Is this thread a joke?

That's what I want to know. I really would like to know if this thread is a joke.

Last edited:
I can't believe you would take something like that so seriously! Like...There's a thing called Sarcasm. I used the term "Hon" in that way. Even then there's no way that the term "hon" could be sarcastic. Not like I'm calling you sugar**** or anything. Like..You've lost all of the little credibility you had if you think a little bit of sarcasm is somehow "Sexist". Using a term like "hon" isn't sexist. Unless somehow we aren't allowed to call people honey anymore, is this what it's come to? My god...It's really funny, honestly.

- - - Post Merge - - -

That's what I want to know. I really would like to know if this thread is a joke.

I dunno, theres a few hypocrites here lol

You guys...Here's a source from the U.S department of interior:

Terms of Endearment, such as... “honey,” “dear,” “sweetheart,” or some similar expression. (The effect is the primary issue rather than intent. Even if the person “means nothing to you” or you have “used the term for years” you should be aware that such expressions are inappropriate.)

I'm not saying that your dad or friend that calls you honey/hon is sexist, what I'm saying is that in context of his message, whom I am not familiar with at all, is not appropriate, and can be viewed as sexist.

I honestly don't understand what's so surprising/confusing about that?

I have never heard someone claim that the word "hon" is sexist in my entire life. It is literally a term used for affection as others have stated. Please elaborate?

I can't believe you would take something like that so seriously! Like...There's a thing called Sarcasm. I used the term "Hon" in that way. Even then there's no way that the term "hon" could be sexist. Not like I'm calling you sugar**** or anything. Like..You've lost all of the little credibility you had if you think a little bit of sarcasm is somehow "Sexist". Using a term like "hon" isn't sexist. Unless somehow we aren't allowed to call people honey anymore, is this what it's come to? My god...It's really funny, honestly.

- - - Post Merge - - -

you mean bangs head on wall, ash we talked about this

men and women call each other hon all the time lol

my mom for as long as I can remember has used that nickname for my dad

I'm not saying that your dad or friend that calls you honey/hon is sexist, what I'm saying is that in context of his message, whom I am not familiar with at all, is not appropriate, and can be viewed as sexist.

No, it cannot, because the word is in no way sexist. You lost all credibility.

I don't know who to side with, hypocrite A or hypocrite B.

send help pls

I still don't see how a simple term I used to be just the tiniest bit sarcastic is automatically me believing that men are superior to women. You know what, just keep it to yourself. Keep believing that, I don't give a damn anymore. I'm just done with this thread. It's better off if it were either left to die or just get closed. It's not constructing anything at all. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

"A man calling a woman "hon" is pretty sexist" thats exactly would you said. But now you're saying only in certain instances where there isn't affection between the two parties it's sexist. If a women called a man she didn't have affection for "hon" would that be sexist?

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back