• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Opinions on Gold Roses

I think they can be nice when used sparingly, just like any other kind of flower, if I go to a town and it's nothing but money trees and gold roses it's kind of assaulting to the eyes, just like going to a town or nothing but pink. I use them here and there but SPARINGLY because it can become overkill too fast. We know they're "rare" having 3 million of them in your town kind of lessens their rarity.

Gold roses are OK, prefer if they are intermixed with other flowers - say yellow roses?

I haven't got beautiful ordinance on in any of my towns, they have a lot of flowers lining the paths and I have some minor paths (mainly along one side of a river bank) that are made of flowers.
Paths made of flowers I don't usually water, just replace those that die.
Flowers along paths - if I've got time I water or otherwise just the wilted ones, hybrids and breeding pairs.
I don't find it takes that long, but you really need the silver watering can to make it fast.

I'm not sure how I feel about gold roses. I may see if I can find good places to put a couple around my town, but if I don't like the look of them, I'll just sell or give away the ones I've got.

They're okay, but I personally think they look kinda fake, compared to the other flowers. I think they'd look nicer if just the petals were gold and the steam and leaves were green. That would look so much more natural and beautiful imo.

Not a fan of them.
Would prefer other flowers rather than these.

they dont suit my town but i like them, i guess.

I put some around my trash dump themed exterior of my mayor's house just for kicks lmao

I've never had gold roses before, so I don't know what it's like to have one. But I can't lie, it looks pretty cool. I don't plan on having any gold roses either, since I'm aiming for a yellow-themed town and I'm fine with the common, yellow flowers. Maybe I'll try putting down a few gold roses here and there, but I've heard that it takes quite a while to breed. I don't have red roses in my town due to the town theme, so how on earth am I going to get black roses? Let alone, I don't even have a golden watering can. So, that's that.

I like them, but I think I will go with the moderation idea, too. I just started my second town which will have only blue, white, yellow, gold and purple flowers. Nary a pink, orange, red, black, (is that all the colors?) flower will be seen. I hope I like it!

I think they're pretty! I do think too many can look a little overwhelming so decorating with other flowers helps balance them out. :)

Back