Opinions on Gold Roses

I think they can be nice when used sparingly, just like any other kind of flower, if I go to a town and it's nothing but money trees and gold roses it's kind of assaulting to the eyes, just like going to a town or nothing but pink. I use them here and there but SPARINGLY because it can become overkill too fast. We know they're "rare" having 3 million of them in your town kind of lessens their rarity.

Gold roses are OK, prefer if they are intermixed with other flowers - say yellow roses?

I haven't got beautiful ordinance on in any of my towns, they have a lot of flowers lining the paths and I have some minor paths (mainly along one side of a river bank) that are made of flowers.
Paths made of flowers I don't usually water, just replace those that die.
Flowers along paths - if I've got time I water or otherwise just the wilted ones, hybrids and breeding pairs.
I don't find it takes that long, but you really need the silver watering can to make it fast.

I'm not sure how I feel about gold roses. I may see if I can find good places to put a couple around my town, but if I don't like the look of them, I'll just sell or give away the ones I've got.

They're okay, but I personally think they look kinda fake, compared to the other flowers. I think they'd look nicer if just the petals were gold and the steam and leaves were green. That would look so much more natural and beautiful imo.

Not a fan of them.
Would prefer other flowers rather than these.

they dont suit my town but i like them, i guess.

I put some around my trash dump themed exterior of my mayor's house just for kicks lmao

I've never had gold roses before, so I don't know what it's like to have one. But I can't lie, it looks pretty cool. I don't plan on having any gold roses either, since I'm aiming for a yellow-themed town and I'm fine with the common, yellow flowers. Maybe I'll try putting down a few gold roses here and there, but I've heard that it takes quite a while to breed. I don't have red roses in my town due to the town theme, so how on earth am I going to get black roses? Let alone, I don't even have a golden watering can. So, that's that.

I like them, but I think I will go with the moderation idea, too. I just started my second town which will have only blue, white, yellow, gold and purple flowers. Nary a pink, orange, red, black, (is that all the colors?) flower will be seen. I hope I like it!

I think they're pretty! I do think too many can look a little overwhelming so decorating with other flowers helps balance them out. :)

Back