• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Opinions on Gold Roses

Mayor-of-Bliss

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
How do you all feel about gold roses?
Pretty? Ugly? Overrated? Underrated?

I like using other ordinances than beautiful town but I like having perfect town status. Watering a hundred flowers everyday is getting annoying. I'm thinking of filling my town with Gold roses.

My town is a sort of organized cedar forest/Zen town.

i think they're nice no matter what design your town is. i have 50+, i think they can make great flower combinations and i usually put them with white flowers. they're also useful if you don't have the beautiful ordinance

Pretty! I planted them next to my yellow lilies and orange flowers. :D

I've tried so hard to like gold roses, but I just think they're ugly and I regret turning my black roses into them. On the bright side, I've sold all those gold roses (pretty fast too) and now I'm free to fill up my town with black and white flowers, which I think has a nice contrast. :)

I think they're ugly but I have a few in my town for the novelty. I prefer the violets and cosmos.

it just all depends on personal preference and the theme of the town. if u like it then hey put them everywhere but me personally i wouldn't use it in my town because it doesn't look right to me

I like them. They're good when placed next to black hybrids and when you decorate them around bamboo. They kind of look like lights at night :)

I like them in small amounts. The only place you'll find them in my town is around mayor's house and I'm happy with it :)

I like them.
Reminds me of chocolate coins!

I recall getting my first gold rose on club tortimer in a trade. :lemon:

I think all the available flowers look pretty, what makes them look even better is good placement.

I don't have any gold roses. I'm just not a fan when it comes to landscaping with them.. They just don't feel natural to me. They are very pretty though.

I love them! But I think they're prettier when they're used sparingly. It sucks you can't get them without turning off the beautiful ordinance though.

Love them. I have them all over my town and for sure need more. Beautiful ordinance is always up.

I'm in a love/hate relationship with gold roses. While they do look pretty, I just don't have the heart to change the ordinance in order to breed them.

I like gold roses :3 They look nice mixed with blue or black roses, and are amazing when trying to add that hidden jewel behind a pine tree in a nice foresty area ^-^

I think they are nice, but in moderation. Too many of any kind of flower in a town to me becomes too much. However, with the right amount I think they can be really pretty. I have blue and gold roses surrounding my plaza and I think it looks very pretty.

It depends on the theme of the town but personally I think they are hideous but I have seen them used tastefully and they looked pretty nice

I have about 100+ of them, from turning black roses into gold ones. I think they look nice. I'm thinking of selling mine because I'm still debating my town's layout right now.

Back