"Why do autistic people really love manga?" - Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why they generalise it like that. Manga is just Japanese comic books, and comic books have been of interest to people for generations. It's like asking an autistic person why they like to watch television or play video games. Everyone does it.

I don't know why they generalise it like that. Manga is just Japanese comic books, and comic books have been of interest to people for generations. It's like asking an autistic person why they like to watch television or play video games. Everyone does it.

But 'apparently' if an autistic person shows interest it's "special".

Last edited:
I think it's making a generalization to the autistic community. I also didn't like the way that the video described autistic folks as "a very different kind of person." What does that even mean? We're all different. That statement just conveys autistic people as "not normal."

i don't think everyone who reads manga is autistic i mean that's a pretty wide generalization that's like me saying everyone who drives a car is autistic. i guess everyone can be labeled autistic for anything lel

Last edited:
Honestly, close the thread before an argument arises. Please.

Can't, but I'll request it to be locked if things get really out of hand.

But I'm pretty relaxed so that's unlikely to happen.

The intention here is not to start an argument, but to start a debate. Yeah, fine line... kinda risky. If you don't want to risk getting involved in a big ol' argument, stay out of it, but your opinion is appreciated. :)

I think

a) It's not that big of deal if you're offended who tf cares
b) anime and manga are an escape from reality. Autistic people have difficulty interacting with others and or conveying thoughts. That's probably why the video says autistic people like anime and manga. It's a non stressful source of stimulation

i think what ghost meant is that autistic people have very fixed interests, a lot of the time. like me. i used to know a guy who loved bugs and would talk for hours about bugs and he was autistic, so.
not that it was a bad thing, he was very nice to listen to.
it's more common for someone to be on the spectrum to have fixed interests but if you don't that's fine

lol ys theyre called special interests abt Everywhere in the autistic community lmao

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you've seen ghost's posts on other threads here, you'd know how unlikely that is.

lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

The name of what? :mad:

special interests that autistic prople have ??????? when you hear abt the autistic stereotype of a jid who loves trains yeah that fixation on trains is called a special interest just google it lmao

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, don't try to belittle something you don't understand.

autistic isnt an offensive word

- - - Post Merge - - -

i agree. i don't think they have "special" interests though, however it's likely that when they get interested in something they'll get attached to it. nothing is wrong with that and the video shouldn't have just been targeting something that seems a bit stereotypical.

-_- it is literally called special interests

- - - Post Merge - - -

But 'apparently' if an autistic person shows interest it's "special".

can someone cut my face off already
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=special+interest+autism

special interests that autistic prople have ??????? when you hear abt the autistic stereotype of a jid who loves trains yeah that fixation on trains is called a special interest just google it lmao

That explains everything. :eek:
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back