"Why do autistic people really love manga?" - Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnimalCrossingPerson

Please respect GDPR
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
New Horizons Token
20 Envelopes
Red Candy
Red Candy
Winter Mittens
Lucky
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
If you are going to comment on "Pikachew", well done - everyone else will have also noticed.

Decided to make this thread as a lot of folk on here are into manga anime stuff.

What do you think of the video?

It's from BBC News and I've only recently stumbled onto it. I feel like it's a huge generalisation, as it's not like the majority of people with autism "really love manga", or vice-versa.

well i must be autistic then, because i wanna go to that store lmao

not really sure why this thread exists tbh

This kinda really pisses me off, yeah, I am autistic, and I do like anime, but this is pretty much clear-cut generalization.

autistic ppl have special interests
easy as that
???

wym special ??????????????

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think the BBC were trying to make a point with this, but I think they probably shouldn't have asked why autistic people like anime/manga.

At work so i didnt watch the video, but autistic people like all kinds of things. And I'm not autistic but I love manga. This thread seems like a huge generalization to me and I don't see the conversation value it holds.

i think what ghost meant is that autistic people have very fixed interests, a lot of the time. like me. i used to know a guy who loved bugs and would talk for hours about bugs and he was autistic, so.
not that it was a bad thing, he was very nice to listen to.
it's more common for someone to be on the spectrum to have fixed interests but if you don't that's fine

Last edited:
i think what ghost meant is that autistic people have very fixed interests, a lot of the time. like me. i used to know a guy who loved bugs and would talk for hours about bugs and he was autistic, so.
it's more common for someone to be on the spectrum to have fixed interests but if you don't that's fine

If you've seen ghost's posts on other threads here, you'd know how unlikely that is.

not that it was a bad thing, he was very nice to listen to.

i agree. i don't think they have "special" interests though, however it's likely that when they get interested in something they'll get attached to it. nothing is wrong with that and the video shouldn't have just been targeting something that seems a bit stereotypical.

as for this topic, i think the BBC intentionally targeted something degenerate to degenerates. i say degenerate with a million quotation marks but people unfortunately have views like this

This a pretty offensive thread to all folks on the spectrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back