• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Band/musician that got you into music

Weiland

Flick Fanboy 🦎💞
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7046-6089-3415
What band or musician got you into music? For me, it's probably Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Last edited:
save a prayer by duran duran was the only song i'd listen to growing up and i dont know why, i just loved it so much

I used to listen to the Beatles with my dad when I was a kid. My favorites were Yellow Submarine, Eleanor Rigby, and Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

lol idk. i started listening more to music when i was 10 or 11 and started going on youtube a lot. so probably some youtuber ..? i dont remember. i got into pop punk and punk rock pretty quickly tho so maybe that

Deadmau5 2011

i think the first band i ever listened to myself was the kooks, noah and the whale or snow patrol, i first started actually listening to music, which pretty much just consisted of indie rock bands around 10 years ago

Honestly it was the pillows who really started getting me into music. I always liked music but the pillows were the first to really get me into music. Thanks, FLCL. <3

"Blue daba-dee" by Eiffel 65 was the first song to really get me interested in music. Their cassette was the first I ever bought. I was I think 7 or 8 so I bought it with a few weeks of allowance.

The rolling stones got me into listening to a lot of classical rock

I started getting into music when I was really little. My mom mostly played classical music for me... my favorite pieces were Ravel's "Bolero" and Phillip Glass's "Facades." I also had a record of Sergei Prokofiev's "Peter and the Wolf" that I liked to listen to while reading (I learned to read when I was like... four). My father, meanwhile, was more into classic rock. When I spent time with him, we listened to a lot of Aerosmith, Van Halen, and the like.

linkin park was the first band i ever got into. although they're softer, it introduced me to other bands like slipknot, system of a down, nirvana, metallica, iron maiden, slayer, etc etc. i don't listen to any of these bands anymore (well, i still love soad) but i think it really developed my musical interest.

Last edited:
Bruno Mars. If I didn't have that intense stage of loving everything he did, I would've said Black Veil Brides.

Classic rock bands my dad likes got me started lol. Don't listen to much of that stuff anymore, though.

crybaby by melanie got me into music in general

and blood sweat and tears got me into bts and kpop!

Back