Band/musician that got you into music

Antonio Vivaldi and Johann Bach. I listened to classical music and watched many people play it on the piano and violin, it brought me into the world of music and instrument playing

Last edited:
Clazziquai when it came to South Korean music,
DJ Okawari when it came to instrumentals.

Michael Jackson. the funny thing is I've never liked him much as a kid even though I'd dance a lot to the songs, I think I just found him terrifying and thought he was an actual zombie from the Thriller music video (which became one of my favorite videos later). only as an adult I learned to really appreciate his style and his art.

Nirvana, Guns N' Roses, Green Day, Oasis for alternative/rock music. Usher and Boyz II Men when I begin to like R&B/slow jams.

Most definitely early Fall Out Boy songs, around 2008 or so, when I was 10. :')

I grew up listening to The Beatles, The Who, Bowie, The Cure, The Sex Pistols, Billy Joel, The Beach Boys, Louie Armstrong, Billy holiday, The temptations, the 4 seasons, Sinatra....

But that was "my parents" music. When i was about...10...my neighbor who also had been my "baby sitter" when i was little...had just gotten her first car...and she let me come and sit in it...yknow, check it out...and she had a 311 tape in the cassette player. She was BLASTING "Don't Stay Home" by them and i FELL IN LOVE...i actually ended up stealing her tape and playing it till it broke in my stereo in my room.
Also, my older sister was HEAVILY into NIRVANA, and SONIC YOUTH...so i also had a passion for old school grunge when i was about 9.

linkin park was the first band i ever got into. although they're softer, it introduced me to other bands like slipknot, system of a down, nirvana, metallica, iron maiden, slayer, etc etc. i don't listen to any of these bands anymore (well, i still love soad) but i think it really developed my musical interest.

actually, the first music genre i got into was drum & bass and the first band i ever liked was pendulum. don't listen to them anymore though

The Doors which led to way to many bands and even just songs to name. I'm very heavily into music so it'd be a lot to list but on my own finding at 12 that's what did it. Likely because we used to have a local video store like a Blockbuster back then in the neighborhood and I'd rent anything that looked interesting so I picked up the Doors movie from the early 90s and that led into the music and I had a record player and we had an old record store so yeah there you go down the music rabbit hole but so many types and genres and changes even with time. Music is the soundtrack of our lives, it brings up memories in detail most easily and is a great way to calm down or raise energy it's priceless really when you find whatever it is that leads to really finding your thing I guess especially if it ends up with you becoming a singer songwriter musican singer ect yourself in some capacity.

Hollaback Girl (in 2005) was the first song that got me listening to pop radio and paying attention to music. Before then I really just listened to what my parents played (a bunch of classic rock, Maev, and some female country artists)

It wasn't until I heard Clare Maguire's Shield and the Sword (in 2010) that I really got into listening to an artist/groups entire albums and really discovering my taste in music.
and The 1975 sorta founded my present music taste (in 2013)

It's been quite the journey to where I am today ~

Back